Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
paranoid
Unregistered

Infection from Blood Draw!?! -Please PLEASE Read-*
      #134718 - 02/20/05 05:37 AM

I am so happy that I have found this site.

Please help me friends.

Last september 1st I had protected sex with a call girl in her house. I got scared so I got tested for all std's 7 weeks later except hiv since I couldn't do it anonymous the same day. I didn't see the nurse/phlebotomist use a new needle when she tested me for syphilis (not too sure, wasn't paying attention).

I got tested for hiv 1 week after the std tests (8 weeks and 12 weeks) which came out negative (THANK GOD) but it was only 5 weeks after the blood draw. The thing that scares me to this day is that I got sick EXACTLY 2 weeks after the blood draw with a very weird cold that lingered for 2 weeks and also some weird symptoms that linger until today.

Last week my girlfriend had symptoms that mimicked ARS. I really wanted to shake this off when I got my last hiv test 3 months ago (12 weeks negative from the protected sex incident and 5 weeks from the blood draw) but I just keep thinking what if the nurse accidently used the needle from the last patient or other scenarios. This was at a Public Provincial STD Health Clinic.

Is it POSSIBLE the nurse could have done that? Like are needles to draw blood for tests even reusable? or do they become unusable after the blood draw (ex: retractable needles), is it possible that I seroconverted PAST the 12 weeks from the protected sex?

I don't want to think like this no more, I am going to test on monday so I can put this behind me. 6 months from the first incident and 5 months from the blood draw.

Please give me advice friends. I am very scared.

Thank you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
paranoid
Unregistered

Re: Infection from Blood Draw!?! -Please PLEASE Read-* new
      #134719 - 02/20/05 05:47 AM

P.S. The reason why I even got tested in the first place after the protected sex was because I was scared that the condom could have been compromised in any single way because when I put it on, I accidently left air in the top of the tip, then I held the tip with my fingers and tried to "slide" the air down the condom.

The act of intercourse only last 1-3 minutes as I was very anxious at that time as I never did anything like this before. I stopped and then just masturbated myself until ejaculation. I kept thinking that the vaginal fluids on the condom went on my hand when I took the condom off and those fluids might have transferred by my foreskin or another way.

I was very very very very guilty of this act. That is why I got tested in the first place. I never had any ars symptoms following that incident in the normal time frame (first 6 weeks), ONLY after 2 weeks from the Blood Draw.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Infection from Blood Draw!?! -Please PLEASE Re new
      #134728 - 02/20/05 11:16 AM

Please don't worry! You are fine and it sounds to me like worrying is the real problem. You don't have HIV and there is no way a nurse in an STD clinic would be so careless to reuse a needle to draw blood. The symptoms od ARS are that of the common cold and it is the season where everyone is sick. Don't rack yourself with guilt, after you get your tests back try to relax. You are fine!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1635

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3