Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV + or all in my mind?
      #134123 - 02/07/05 11:37 AM

Is it possible to recreate some of the physical symptoms of HIV through stress/anxiety?

About 8 weeks I had what only can be described as a very, very low risk sexual encounter with a girl (protected sex and what is described as frottage). Within literally one day I was already thinking of HIV infection and the symptoms (I reasoned that she was a; HIV + and b; that her vaginal juices must have travelled in sufficient quantity up my urethra to instantly infect me).

Despite knowing (and being told by various different health advisors) the odds are stacked hugley in my favour there has not been a day when I have not thought about HIV and the symptoms I have experienced and am still experiencing. Anyone reading this will know the list (fever, joint ache, swollen glands- they're still swollen now, weird thrush like rash, coated tongue, sinus problems etc etc).

The question is can I really cause these symptoms to occur? They are most definitely real and physical but are they from my mind or have I really got something to worry about? I know that you are advise not to self diagnose but it's almost impossible not to when you do a google search for swollen glands and the first page has 4 links to HIV!

I would really welcome some posts from people that have been through a similar experience. There is no doubt that I am worried sick (or worried well as I have seen it called), but as they say there is no smoke without fire!

Thanks for reading.
PS I will get tested at 12 weeks for my own peace of mind.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV + or all in my mind? new
      #134562 - 02/16/05 06:51 PM

Your are fine! You know that saying, " You are what you think." Take care and be safe. God Bless.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1135

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3