Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

what were your first symptoms
      #133511 - 01/25/05 03:42 PM

Those of you with HIV or AIDS what was your first simptome you notices that began the curriousity that you may have been infected

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: what were your first symptoms new
      #133528 - 01/25/05 07:53 PM

For over 70% of people who are actually infected there were no symptoms, The CDC put out a report years ago explaining a possible condition called ARS (acute retroviral syndrome)and from that date people have been taking one or two of the things on the list and asking if that were a sign. If a person actually had ARS it wouldn’t only be one or two things, you would have a case of full blown flew like symptoms with a fever and and all the lymph nodes in your body swollen and sore. Not one or 2 things on the list it would be all of them.
If you were to read through the back posts you would find the actual list posted many times by myself and many of the others who no longer post on the site because they got tired of people not reading back and then telling them they were wrong when they were giving the actual facts from the sources. The same questions have been asked, please read back and maybe do some research or just go test and know.
Also if you are that worried why have you not gone to a doctor? A doctor can tell you much better than the internet if what you are experiencing is stress or ARS, I cant, I am not a doctor.
I answer questions here as a volunteer, I get no pay or reward from this and do it out of kindness. The only thing I am asking is that people please read past posts, i am not talking from the last month, I am talking way back and see how many times there question has been answered by us volunteers and the doctors who also get no pay to answer your questions on the ask the experts forums.

I just happened to be told one of my partners had tested HIV+, which is the only way I knew to test. He had told someone else because he was afraid to tell me, so I tested and was HIV+, no symptoms, no flue, no nothing, just negative 9mo before to HIV+.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#133532 - 01/25/05 09:20 PM

sorry to hear about you gman, when you said 9 mos neg, till pos, does this mean it took you 9 mos to become pos on your hiv test, and real fast what in your expert opnion think is sufficent testing to make sure you are neg.

thank you and god bless

Anonymous
Unregistered

#133536 - 01/25/05 10:56 PM

50-90% of people have symptoms

Fever 96%
Adenopathy 74%
Pharyngitis 70%
Rash 70%
Myalgias 54%
Diarrhea 32%
Headache 32%
Nausea 27%
Hepatosplenomegaly 14%
Weight loss 13%
Thrush 12%
Neurologic Symptoms 12%

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #133553 - 01/26/05 09:44 AM

No, it means i tested 9 mo earlier negitive, then betwine tests I had un protected sex and it was that experiance that made me HIV+.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#133725 - 01/28/05 02:15 PM

just one time...then positive...or more than one sex act

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
      #135022 - 02/27/05 11:42 PM

Hello,

this is a difficult question to answer and the best advise to give is if you think you have been exposed or have had unprotected sex(risky) then get tested to ease your mind...I can say that it will differ from person to person..it has been my experience as a volunteer on this board to help when people ask questions when I have been able to that everyone with symptoms are different...some have none at all for years and dont find out until they are tested years down the line...others find out from a person they where with, then get tested and someone like me, who got the flu badly, high temp(over 103.) and had swollen lymph nodes(painful) all throughtout my body, along with sores in my throat and frequent yeast infections which I had never had before...thats when I knew something was wrong...this is not typical though and does not happen to many....If you truly want to know or think you have been exposed, please get tested...knowing is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! ....~Jessie~

HIV+ since 2-3-04
"While there is breath, there is hope".

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4150

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3