Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Schnabbler
Unregistered

Scared out of my mind
      #132507 - 01/03/05 11:01 AM

I had anal receptive unprotected sex on 8 Dec 04.....after 10 days or 2 weeks, My arm pits started to tingle....then ache..I think....but felt no nodes. by that time I was paranoid....then my nodes in the groin area....just one I think on left side was hurting...well not hurting but throbbing....I have been so paranoid, stressed, and scared....do these symptoms of aids show up just after 10 days to 2 weeks. I have no fever......actually, my temp has been below normal and my blood pressure is high. I have never had receptive anal sex before....this was the first...and last.....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
nothing
Unregistered

Re: Scared out of my mind new
      #132510 - 01/03/05 11:49 AM

Really you need to learn about the experience you describe, of course you need to take a test like you comment, forget the symptoms the fact that you say you haven´t fever ( almost always present in ars ) suggest that you haven´t swollen nodes too, one swollen node only doesn´t suggest an ars, normally is a generalized swollen. Good bless. Stay well

Anonymous
Unregistered

#132518 - 01/03/05 04:15 PM

This would be a higher risk activity. Having said that, you have some things in your favor. Maybe the person you were with is HIV negative. Even with anal, the chance of transmisson from one exporsure is still fairly low. You do need to be tested. More than 50% of infected people will test positive after about 27 days. To be certain that you are not infected you must test at 13 weeks or greater. I would suggest you look at the responses posted by the experts on this web site. You can search by key words. You would not have AIDS at this point. I agree with the other person who posted a response, your symptoms don't sound like ARS (happens usually 2 - 6 weeks after exposure to HIV), but ARS symptoms are diffrent for different people. However, it is impossible to tell by the symptoms. I hope this helps. God bless you. Let us know how you are doing.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#132527 - 01/03/05 06:50 PM

If I were you, I would test in a few weeks, around 6/7 weeks, get the most rapid test you can find to try to get thru this. A test at that time is pretty darn accurate. I know you will hear otherwise, but I am certain that it is the VAST majority who will seroconvert by week 6, so do it for at least a little peace of mind for now. The more you worry about symptoms, the more you will get. Hang tough, we are rooting for you and REMEMBER to always be SAFE. May God bless you and keep you healthy and safe. My heartfelt prayers are with you during this waiting period.

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #132530 - 01/03/05 11:48 PM

Len,
The only way to be proof positive is to wait until 84 days or 13 weeks and get a conclusive test. Just because you had unprotected sex doesn’t mean you were infected and also if the person you had sex with was not infected it is imposable for you to get HIV. Even though you do not trust the person you had sex with is the same as you having sex and when the other person asks you and you say you are not they obsess thinking you were. Obsessing over the possibility of being infected is most of the time more detrimental to your system then actually being infected, the mind and body will psychosomatically produce symptoms that are actually not there. The best thing you can do is not obsess over supposed symptoms and understand that the only way to actually know is wait and test at 3mo and have the conclusive evidence you need one way or the other, symptoms are no way to diagnose because any symptom that a person can say is a HIV symptom can also be a symptom of many other things which have no connection to HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#132546 - 01/04/05 09:45 AM

ok...tks...
what about my body temperature....why is it so low?...

this morning it was 96.1....is it stress???

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #132555 - 01/04/05 10:22 AM

My body temp has been low all my life, some people never notice that it is not 98.6 until they start obsessing over something which they have no need to be obsessing over.
When I was riding daily and competitively racing my heart rate averaged 47 BPM and my blood pressure was normal. My temperature has been 96.8 all of my life and not like the national average of 98.6. The 98.6 mark is only the average, some people are higher, and most are lower.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#132585 - 01/04/05 09:06 PM

Everyone also has fluctuations in their body temperatures throughout the day. Don't be alarmed at your temperature! How many times a day did you check it before you started fearing HIV? Probably not many, but if you did, bet it would have been low then too. HANG TOUGH AND QUIT FOCUSING ON SYMPTOMS, THEY CANNOT TELL YOU IF YOU HAVE CONTRACTED THIS VIRUS! Be well and best of luck. By the way, I still hang onto the 6 week test is pretty darn conclusive. Talk to the Mass dept of health or the AIDS ACTION COMMITTEE, you can find the number online. I would consider them experts in the field of HIV and they will give you the info you need. Best of luck.

schnabbler
Unregistered

#132622 - 01/06/05 10:53 AM

Bill,
I am at 4 weeks now. My tingling in the armpits and the pain in my nodes between my leg have stopped.....but now I am having diareha. I have very bad headaches too....of course, I think about having Aids all the time and my wife and kids will be devestated. If I was infected 4 weeks ago.....can you get multiple sypmtoms during a window, while the other symptoms are no longer there??? I am going out of my mind.....I cannot take it anymore....

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1588

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3