Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worried_otis
Unregistered

wife had one encounter...when to test?
      #132474 - 01/02/05 06:59 PM

Skipping the circumstances.......wife performed unprotected oral on a guy. He pulled out but she's certain he came some first. She spit it out but probably swallowed some. He says he's negative, but we're going to get tested. First I've done a lot of looking on web and have read of testing at 28 days, 3 mos, etc. We're at the 28 day point. Should we do this one or wait till later? Is it 28+/- x #days?
Also for those of you that have followed this board a long time, about how many positives have come out of giving oral, as this is our only encounter. I realize the possibility is lower than other ways but how many posts have come back with positive results?
Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: wife had one encounter...when to test? new
      #132489 - 01/03/05 02:08 AM

As there has never been a single case confirmed from oral sex anywhere in the world I don't think you reaaly need to test.

You would be a first.....and that would be such bad luck that you would have to have the Mummies Curse or something worse.

You seem in the clear as far as risk is concerned.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#132498 - 01/03/05 07:41 AM

4 weeks is a good sign but I would wait 6 weeks. Also your wife's chances of getting HIV from this encounter are almost NIL. Oral sex is very low risk and what she did is even lower. Think of all the blow jobs going on in the world as we speak. Ghezzz we would all have it. If she and you are going to have a sex fun fest get a HEP>_B vac. You are more at risk for other things than HIV

Nothing
Unregistered

#132508 - 01/03/05 11:39 AM

In the presence of cum, seems that it is a good idea to take a test, at week 4 an Elisa 4th Generation or a rapid test 4th generation will give you an excellent indicator of her status, being negative you can calm about the experience you described.Good luck.Stay well

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4511

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3