Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any Worried Students?
      #13208 - 12/04/00 07:08 PM

I was wondering if there were any college (or even high school) students out on the boards worried about possibly being infected and waiting out the window period. Are any of you finding ways to cope and comfort yourselves during this period?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Any Worried Students? new
      #13223 - 12/05/00 12:47 PM

There are some helpful people here to talk to or chat with. If you go to the chat room at night, you can talk to people about your concerns. You can get some good advice. Be careful of some people though. If you talk too much they may kick you out or ignore you. Try to be calm.

PVS
Guru

Reged: 09/19/00
Just a correction new
      #13236 - 12/05/00 03:20 PM

It is not the purpose of the chatroom to have people engage in debates. I would just like to clarify that that venue is to allow people to vent their concerns and hear what others have to say. It is not a place where you can keep talking and not understand what is being said to you.

Bear in mind that we have regulars who are HIV-positive individuals and one must at least be sensitive in discussing any concerns. Bottom line -- think first before speaking.

Don't go in there expecting concrete answers. We have none to give. It is a hangout and its a heck of a lot cheaper than long distance phonecalls. We can only share experiences and possibly practical advice.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 933

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3