Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Swollen Glands?
      #13123 - 12/01/00 07:39 PM

Hello everyone!
I'm going to be blunt here: I had a very low risk experience (recieved oral sex) but now I am seriously worried. About two days after the incident, the glands in my throat became swollen and I felt nauseus for about five days. It is now one week and two days since the encounter, but the question I really would like to know: Has anyone here had the above symptoms and then were classified positive? Has anyone here had the symptoms and tested negative? I'd love to know from the "experts" here, thanx

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Swollen Glands? new
      #13126 - 12/01/00 09:42 PM

If you are worried that you many have been infected the best test for you to do at this point is a PCR based test, other wise you could wait til the 3-6 month window and do an ELISA. Oral sex is considered low risk, but it is not considered no risk.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #13129 - 12/01/00 11:30 PM

I think if you read through past posts, you will find lots of people with these same symptoms, and a whole lot more, that have tested negative. Remember, however you can't diagonis with symptoms. You need to test to be sure. Too give your mind some peace, ARS symptoms normally show up 2-4 weeks after an exposure. Not a couple of days.

J.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#13142 - 12/02/00 10:56 AM

There hasnt been any documented cases of the 50 something million people with hiv in the world that got it from receiving oral sex. Relax. the risk of getting it through recieving is only theoretical if any.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3002

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3