Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Jimbo
Unregistered

getting results today
      #12710 - 11/22/00 07:49 AM

The doctor said to call him today for results. I am going to freak out if he won't give me the result on the phone and says he needs to do more tests or something. I know what that means!
I briefly did someting dumb about 8 weeks ago, but it was someone I sort of knew. Have felt achy off and on for 3 weeks, the doc said sounds like allergies, not HIV....no other symptoms. Have sort of felt like that before. Funny...I didn't start freaking out until I got tested. If the news is not good, it will be a weird Thanksgiving. And because of long weekend, I probably won't be able to get much help (support groups, counseling, etc.) until Monday. I am always so much in control, and self-disciplined, and keep away from complications in my life. I guess my way of coping is to prepare for the worst so it won't hit me all at once.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: getting results today new
      #12711 - 11/22/00 08:07 AM

On the upside, it could be a really good Thanksgiving! Being in control and self-disciplined is good, however sometimes life does throw us stuff that requires a little faith thrown in the mix. So have faith in your doctor's opinion. Have faith in the fact, you, yourself have said you sort of felt this way before, when HIV was not even a consideration. I don't know what your exposure was, but since I'm sure your doctor does, he/she must have a reason, for not being too concerned. Hopefully your test will help put your mind at ease.

Good Luck
J.

Jimbo
Unregistered

Thank you new
      #12716 - 11/22/00 09:40 AM

The boards on this site are full of such kind, thoughtful people! Such a welcome relief from most boards on the Net!
I just wanted to tell someone that I was scared...
Actually, my dumb act was high-risk, but I have certain reasons for believing the person was negative. I surely won't do that again!
My doctor's lack of concern was mainly due to my symptoms, I think...and perhaps just plain laziness.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Thank you new
      #12717 - 11/22/00 09:43 AM

Hang in there.

TexGal
Master

Reged: 11/21/00
Re: getting results today new
      #12719 - 11/22/00 09:53 AM

Good luck and God Bless. This is certainly an anxious time because you will be facing your results and tests don't lie. Trust your gut, trust your doc and it will work out for you. It sounds like you will have quite a bit to be thankful for.

Best of Luck...

Tex

Anonymous
Unregistered

#12720 - 11/22/00 09:55 AM

Jimbo.

What was your "high risk" exposure? Did you share that with your Doc?

AnomJS
Grand Master

Reged: 11/05/00
      #12725 - 11/22/00 11:13 AM

My thoughts are with you. You'll be ok. Let us know. God Bless.

JS

Jimbo
Unregistered

Whew! new
      #12741 - 11/22/00 01:50 PM

Negative!
Worrying was not fun, but I am so glad I found you wonderful people. I have been so touched reading this board and the others. It's so good to realize that if I ever do get HIV or ill from something else, that there are caring, kind people out there who want to help. Thank you.

PVS
Guru

Reged: 09/19/00
Re: Whew! new
      #12742 - 11/22/00 02:03 PM

Excellent news! Now you can enjoy the upcoming holiday and not worry about anything. Peace. == PVS

AnomJS
Grand Master

Reged: 11/05/00
      #12743 - 11/22/00 02:43 PM

Way to go Jimbo. God Bless. Enjoy yourself.

Js

TexGal
Master

Reged: 11/21/00
      #12748 - 11/22/00 03:09 PM

Wonderful news...now doesn't that feel better. Now you will be able to have a truly enjoyable Holiday. Gives the day "Thanksgiving" a whole new meaning. Enjoy the negative result!

Congrats again!

Tex

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1966

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3