Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

What's a mess
      #12498 - 11/18/00 11:15 PM

What is a person to do? I can sleep much, don't eat much and worry all day long. Can't believe I tested - at 4 week, and am awaiting 6 week result next week. Anyone else feel as bad as this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
elviajero1
Unregistered

Re: What's a mess new
      #12501 - 11/18/00 11:47 PM

A 4 week negative is great! Over 50% of people will show antibodies at 25 days. Hang in there a little longer. Believe me, we've all gone through hell here, but I'm sure more than 95% of all of us on this board will turn out negative. I've been reading the posts for some time and its incredible to find that more than 50% or 60% of people here are very concerned about HIV even when they actually DID protect themselves. In some cases it was only one possible exposure, unprotected, with people of unkown status, and really we all know that HIV is not that easy to get. Remember the virus has to make it all the way into the blood streem, not an easy thing to do during normal sexual intercourse.

The people who most worry are the ones who really should'nt so much and the ones who put themselves (and others) at risk all the time are out there totally unrealted to the issue. There should definetly be much more eductation going on in schools and families, but yeah...

I dont know what your exposure was but stay cool, keep busy and do some sport. Its helped me a lot. I've learned a lot fron PSV, GaryNPA, Spaboy, Jackie, AnomJS and MC, we are all in this together...we are going to make it, I'm sure....

MUCHA SUERTE A TODOS!!!

elviajero,
Singapore & Madrid

PVS
Guru

Reged: 09/19/00
      #12505 - 11/19/00 12:01 AM

Your 4 week test was good. Take some comfort in that. When you test negative at 6 weeks, even better. Get a final test at 12 weeks and put this behind you. Good luck! == PVS

PS..In the meantime, try to keep busy. Your only doing yourself more mental harm by constantly thinking about your "possible" infection.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#12508 - 11/19/00 02:17 AM

Yes, but I feel very SICK!

AnomJS
Grand Master

Reged: 11/05/00
      #12509 - 11/19/00 02:29 AM

If you want to read a mess, read my posts. I'll have to look for your post to get some more info on your situation. God Bless.

JS

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1211

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3