Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Hobgoblin
Regular

Reged: 10/09/00
Question 4 all those who have tested negative.
      #12479 - 11/18/00 04:58 AM

Hi guys,

Hello everyone, hope you all are okay.

As some of you might know, I too had an HIV scare which pretty much ruined my life for three months and am still feeling some repurcusions now.

My question to all of you who have tested negative like myself is: for those who had swollen glands for the whole duration of the "window period" how long after your results did they remain swollen?

I got my test negative result almost a month ago.
The reason why I ask is because mine are still swollen (but not as much as they were, I think anyway).

My mum recons it's just nerves.

Cheers for any feedback.

Hugz,

Hobgoblin

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SAE
Fanatic

Reged: 09/14/00
Re: Question 4 all those who have tested negative. new
      #12488 - 11/18/00 06:23 PM

The black cloud continues, don't sweat it HG, it took them awhile to get swollen, I can just imagine how much you were checking them (like all of us), healing takes time.
You are negative, just let your body heal, three months of stress might take just as much time to undo....

TexGal
Unregistered

#12492 - 11/18/00 07:33 PM

Hiya Hobgoblin.
I wish I could answer that for you but SAE's answer makes a whole lot of sense to me. The damage done by months of stress will take a while to heal. The important thing is you know whats NOT causing the swollen glands! =)
If you haven't already maybe a full physical (without HIV on the brain) may be in order. Otherwise, a good mental and physical vacation may be a good idea. You have certainly earned it.

Hope everything is well with you.

Take care,

Tex

PVS
Guru

Reged: 09/19/00
      #12503 - 11/18/00 11:59 PM

Believe me that it takes awhile for your life to go back to normal. Actually normal is a relative word. You have put yourself (mentally, emotionally and physically) through extreme torture and even when confronted with a negative test result, it seems unbelievable. It takes some time for us to get back peace of mind. Try to keep busy and get back to your day to day routine of activities. Your glands are probably still swollen because of your anxiety.

All I have to say about your situation is I know how it feels 100%. Been there and done that and trust me, it will get better. Good luck!!!! == PVS

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1406

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3