Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Possible ARS
      #12096 - 11/10/00 09:56 AM

Been reading these posts for about a month. You guys are great. Here is my story. I had unprotected sex with a female on Sept 10. On Sept 24th I had Flu like symptoms. On the 23rd I was out drinking and out late. I also ate some fast food that I do not normally eat. Within three hours of eating Cheese burgers I came down with Aches, Direaha, Chills and a possible fever. Not sure. Also had night sweats for two nights. All the symptoms except the direaha left the next day. The Direhea left about a week later. On Oct 8, four weeks after possible exposure I took an elisa. Neg result. I also called the girl (ex-girlfriend) and she said she was neg. I hope I can believe her. Help If I had ars symptoms and they subsided so soon would my body have antibodies to HIV? I know I have to test again but any input will help. Losing my mind!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
PVS
Guru

Reged: 09/19/00
Re: Possible ARS new
      #12103 - 11/10/00 01:12 PM

Before anything else, the negative antibody at 1 month is encouraging. Usually after ARS symptoms occur, the elisa test is either reactive or indeterminate. Get another test around the 12 week mark, if its neg. you're in the clear. Good luck== PVS

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Possible ARS new
      #12104 - 11/10/00 01:15 PM

Thank you PVS. I took another test again today. It is 61 days after possible exposure. almost nine weeks. I really like to say thank you to all who help us through these times of trial. Without your responses and care I think most of us would be lost. Pray for all of us during these times, I will pray for you all!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1132

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3