Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
YourWrong
Unregistered

Inacurate
      #120769 - 12/07/04 10:44 AM

please test to 6 months 3 months is encouraging but go the extra mile be 100% not just 97%

test at 3 then 6 months for the sake of others in the world u may have sex with.

6 months is gold 1 year is platinum

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Inacurate new
      #120772 - 12/07/04 10:51 AM

Where did you get your percentages? According to GMHC, New York Health Dept, the CDC, the Body, AIDSmed, etc over 99% of people infected with HIV will have tested positive by 3 months. The 6 month window period is those who have have a delayed response due to co-infection with HepC, taking PEP, or taking immunosuppresant drugs. I think you need to stop post inaccurate information because it only scarres people unnecessarily.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#120774 - 12/07/04 10:52 AM

you are incorrect.

98.5% of all people w/HIV will test positive by week six, 100% of ALL HEALTHY PEOPLE with test POZ by week 12 or 3 Months.

healthy people = you UNLESS you have a IV drug habit for 2+ years, a recent organ transplant or advanced cancer.

12 weeks = 100%. case closed.

jake_the_shake
All Star

Reged: 12/07/04
      #120781 - 12/07/04 11:24 AM

please do NOT test for HIV after 3 months as it is unneccesary and waste of valuable testing resources. we are in the middle of a global pandemic and people taking superfluous tests for an extra 3 or 4 months is not only selfish and frivolous but it costs money and perhaps lives.

if you test negaive for HIV 12 weeks after a possible exposure, you don't have HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#120789 - 12/07/04 01:37 PM

6 months is gold , 1 year is platinum, 10 years is rolex

You can test up to 10 years if u want but don't bring your fears to this forum..

Anonymous
Unregistered

#120790 - 12/07/04 01:41 PM

I think this fellow got his info from the ali baba institute of virology...people are already looking for vaccines but this guy still insist on th 6 months window..

Anonymous
Unregistered

#120792 - 12/07/04 02:44 PM

Check out this seroconversion panel...some elisas are positive as early as 4 weeks..the latest is 6 weeks...so cut your crap..

http://www.zeptometrix.com/ANT9017.htm

Anonymous
Unregistered

#121330 - 12/07/04 09:45 PM

it is really looking like a 6 week negative rules out hiv but test again at 12 to put it to rest a 6 weeks neg = youre negative

Anony concerned
Unregistered

#133086 - 01/19/05 09:33 PM

I noted one anon msg(12/7/04,10.51am) on the possible inaccuracy of the HIV test when there is immunosuppressant drug used and that test should be conduct 6 months.
I have been reading this lively forum and now I am concerned for myself.
I have an encountered and had sensory neuropathy(SN) immediately the next day. Did not think too much about HIV until I read that the SN could trigger quick immediately by HIV even within hours in some research articles. The whole autoimmune system could just go bonkers for neuro attacks as I read and believed.
Saw a GP and he thought it was Idiopathic Neuro. and prescribed Prednisone for me. Took it for a few days and it did not go away. So now I know it was an immunosuppression drug.
6 weeks later did an Elisa which came negative.
SN still exist and I fallen sick with low grade fever for 2 months. Have taken Prednisone now and then but I vaguely remember if I ever took it for more than a week.
After 8 weeks, I have all the HIV stated standard symptoms packaged with anxiety and depression. 10th week I had another fever.
After 19th week, went for Rapid Test and it came negative. I would have accepted it but large lymph nodes progressively start to show at the base and back of neck. 21st week I had another fever.
So now I am not too convinced I am cleaned even with the 19th week Rapid Test due to the continuing lymph nodes progression.
Reading your msg on the immunosuppression drug inferred that maybe the immunosuppression drug was affecting my results.
What do you guys think?
Jazz, if you can review this, do some research and give your advise wisely, would appreciate. Thanks. Wish me luck. Scared for family.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#133087 - 01/19/05 10:01 PM

ds

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2102

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3