Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Antibodies and HIV???
      #11904 - 11/04/00 08:10 PM

Just curious, if a person never produced antibodies but had HIV, would it take them the typical eight to ten years to develop symptoms or would their immune system fail alot sooner?? Just curious because I read a journal article about a man who never developed antibodies, but had HIV. How often does this happen and after seven years several negative ELISA tests and a negative PCR test can I trust my negative HIV status??? I need your help because I am worried and concerned. If I had an abnormal immune system would I have found out by now and what other test results would be abnormal???

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Antibodies and HIV??? new
      #11909 - 11/04/00 09:49 PM

Do you have cancer ravaging your body? Are you undergoing chemo? Do you have an advance case of HEP C that you are on medication for? If not, then HIV would show up on an antibody test. The PCR looks for the virus it's self, not antibodies, so if you had HIV it would show up. It's EXTREMELY RARE for HIV not to be detected in an antibody test.

Anonymous
Unregistered

YOU CAN MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #11910 - 11/04/00 10:13 PM

Dear friend

If you haven't had any exposures over that time, and testing negative on ELISA's and a PCR, you really DON'T HAVE HIV!!!!!!!
The people who didn't produce antibodies, were tested positive with PCR's or other test that look for the virus itself. Without antibodies (lack of production for whatever reason) one would progress to AIDS much faster (a couple of years). The doctor on this forum (Mark H.) who answers questions on viral load testing (PCR test) has stated that he has never seen or heard of a person infected that was negative on a PCR test and a ELISA. If you were infected one of those test you took would have been positive. Most of the people who don't believe that their negative, are the one's who may have put their partner at risk, cheated. Now I don't know what your story is, but if this is the case, further tests is not what you need.

I HOPE THAT HELPS

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2891

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3