Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
oral nerves
Unregistered

oral encounter of the worst kind
      #118954 - 12/02/04 03:52 PM

I am not sure what to ask here so here goes...

I had oral sex roughly 40+ days ago with an unkown man of which I went down for about 2 minutes and did encounter ejaculate in my mouth. I did not swallow.

A week ago I came down with the "flu like symptoms" on a Monday which began with terrible headaches and dementia like state at night when trying to sleep - just had very un-intelligable dreams and it was a difficult 2 days - on Tuesday I then had terrible coughing which got worse by friday although headaches and general feverish feeling were gone by Thursday...the cough got so bad i went to hospital on friday AM and got nrcotic cough syrup and antibiotic for potential bacterial infection ...by Sunday the cough was much better and was pretty much out of it by Monday of following week. I still have been a little tired and its Thursday of the following week...

Now someone tell me IS THIS ARS? And if not was this just the FLU?

Thanks so much...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jess

Reged: 07/31/04
Re: oral encounter of the worst kind new
      #119378 - 12/04/04 09:42 PM

Oral sex has a lower risk of spreading HIV which means although not high as vaginal sex or anal sex, it does still carry a risk. there has only been a few cases of it being spread this way..example..bad bleeding gums, cut in the mouth can make the risk higher. I don't want to scare you, but just to be sure, i would have a test at 6 weeks and one at 3 months to make sure, but 6 weeks is very promising.. As for the symptoms, you can not diagnose yourself by symptoms..all ex-worried wells can tell you, after their unprotected sex encounter, they came down with symptoms and had the test and it was just a common cold or sinus infection. so just relax..its not very common to be spread this was but go ahead and have the test for a piece of mind. Good luck and stay safe.- Jess

Anonymous
Unregistered

#120047 - 12/06/04 11:46 AM

last question regarding this.....I am definitely a worried well about all this...

i have had muscle aches/spasming in my legs no where else and had a itchy rash on the upper part of my chest also last few days (legs have been achy/spasmy all through this period) is it nerves or something to worrky about - I also had night sweats like 2 different nights during this period too...

thanks

oralnerves
Unregistered

#120048 - 12/06/04 12:08 PM

bump - can someone reply

jake_the_shake
All Star

Reged: 12/07/04
      #120784 - 12/07/04 11:42 AM

symptoms mean nothing - if you sit up all night petrified that you have HIV symptioms, guess what? You'll probably develop symptoms. but symptoms mean nothing.

oral sex w/swallowing carries a very low risk of HIV (estimates from a recent study are around 1/2500, or .04%). HIV is transmitted via vaginal and anal intercourse (penis into vagina or anus) and dirty needles; you should be fine.

test if you want at 6 weeks and put this to bed.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1758

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3