Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
TGIF
Unregistered

Rash
      #11795 - 11/02/00 04:18 PM

Hi people, I have a question that I hope someone can give me some insight on. I know that rash can be a sign of ARS combined with high fever, swollen nodes etc., but outside of ARS, would it be possible to show a rash on its own due to HIV? Can one of the signs of HIV outside ARS be a rash? I'm in my 11th week and I developed a rash that has been here for 2-3 weeks now and I'm kinda worried. My exposure was a broken condom.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Valentine
Unregistered

Re: Rash new
      #11797 - 11/02/00 04:30 PM

I dont think you have to really worry. I had a rash also and i tested negative. It just maybe from you being stressed out. Where is the rash located? Post back
xxx
Valentine

TGIF
Unregistered

#11801 - 11/02/00 04:42 PM

Thanks for the swift reply Valentine. It's located under my left peck, right where the abdomen and the chest meet and it's sort of a circle shape that doesn't close. It doesn't itch and isn't bumpy but it's red and I think it's a little raised. It's been here for a while now, and recently I had another, smaller one appear just to the right of that, this one looking like a small spot. Any ideas?

JClovesU
Unregistered

#11816 - 11/02/00 07:12 PM

TGIF, I have a rash on my abdominal area for more than 2 months. I finally went to see my doc and he said it could be a fungus or psorasis. He's giving me a topical cream to see if its a fungus otherwise, it might be psorasis or some other skin disease. Go have it checked out by a doc. It could be a sign of HIV, but more likely a sign of something else. GO and get it treated! AND MOST OF ALL GET TESTED! God Bless

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1194

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3