Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Wackooooooooooo
Unregistered

Keep testing NEGATIVE but
      #11543 - 10/28/00 09:52 PM

I have now been living in HELL for almost 3 months. I have had 4 negative HIV 1/2 ELISA's at 5,6,7, 8 months, and one undec. PCR RNA less than 50 at 8 months, still i feel I'm infected. WHY YOU ASK? I have lost almost 15 Ibs, always tired, stuff on the back of my tongue, etc. I never had AVS after the possible exposure, but about 5 months after, I hit a wall. I was so worried between some of my testing I couldn't eat or sleep, at one point it took almost 2 weeks to get my results back, didn't eat a thing that whole time, and maybe got 3 hours of sleep a night,. Two doc's have told me I was pos for MONO, on blood test. I always read that mono is commonly mis-diag. when it is really HIV. Does anyone feel that their doctor may not be all that "UP" on HIV. The two doctors that both told me I don't have HIV, were from rural mid-america. Not sure if either one has ever even diagnosed a case before. I think if I could have done it all over I would of gone to an ID doctor from the on-set. Also, if you tell your doctor that you are worried about HIV, is the first question out of his/her mouth, "Are you gay?" not that it would be a bad thing if someone was, but it shows a lack of knowing that heterosexual people are the fastest rising group in the US, and by quite a %. Now I have read most of the post in this forum, and alot of you are very confident in those 3 month results, but I didn't have a condom covered blowjob, I had HIGH RISK sex with a busy gal, and the condom popped, ripped, tore, whatever, (TROJAN SUCK) and I'm experiencing some strange stuff. I was just checking out the "Newly Positive Board", and was shocked that some of the worried wellers, have posted some stupid questions, in trying to poll people on what symptoms they had, that made them get tested, to those" People Get a Life", these people are in a totally different world, and need support, understanding, and advise from others, going through this experience, not some JACK-ASS, asking if they had bad smelling farts during AVS. The problem is that so many of you out their, keep sending such dumb, "AM I INFECTED" questions to the Doctors in the Q and A forum at the body, or to Joel Gallant, I can't get them to touch a "REAL ONE". Do any of you know: If for whatever reason, someone couldn't or wasn't producing antibodies in the window period of 6 months and beyond, and was indeed infected, could this person's other immune defense system, CD4's and CD8's and other white blood cells and platelets, contain a virus load to an undec. amount PCR RNA 50 copies at 8 months by it self, or without antibody production to help, is this not possible? I'm sorry this turned into a vent more than anything, but as you all know, mentally, this is not an easy thing to address for anyone.
Replys most Welcome...................

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Keep testing NEGATIVE but new
      #11551 - 10/29/00 02:00 AM

go on vent!the doctors may not be up on hiv but the labs are.any doctor will be better suited to tell you your status
than any one here,stop playing doctor yourself,youre a fool of a patient,you have all the info but your not proceesing it right,fear does that,youve answered all your own questions,this site is not for you,your are mentally succeptible to inheriting everyone elses symptoms here,read your post again you'll see why you lost weight

JClovesU
Unregistered

#11552 - 10/29/00 02:35 AM

I was like you. I had super high risk exposure with a foreign sex worker when I performed oral sexon her. Stupid is right. So I got tested 4 times: 3 weeks, 2 months, 5 months, and 6 months, they all came back negative. They were performed at 3 different sites because, like you, I didn't trust my doctor. Ithought they were lying to me. But you don't have to be a doctor to read the lab results. I also lost 12 lbs mainly because I was stressed out to the max and no appetite. Basically I was starving myself thinking for sure I was HIV+. I have other symptoms, but I think I they;re related to other infections. If you tested at 8 months and are negative. You're in the clear. If you're having other symptoms, have the doctor or your local health clinic check it out. Good luck to you! I think u'll be fine!

Hobgoblin
Regular

Reged: 10/09/00
      #11554 - 10/29/00 05:34 AM

Wackooo,

As far as I am aware, in the entire history of the HIV epidemic, there has only ever been ONE reported case of someone taking longer than 6 months to seroconvert (a health worker I believe). They actually took nine months. This info is on Ryan Kull's safer sex forum on this site.

So basically, you are looking at ridiculous odds. I mean like 1 case out of millions. This person obviously had a stupendously RARE condition whereby they took very long to seroconvert.

Wackoo, you do not have HIV. Plain and simple. I mean, I know that doesn't help your fear or anything, but facts are facts.

Sorry to sound "matter of factish", but it's true.

If you are still worried, you really have got to see a counsellor.

I feel for you because I know what this fear is like.
My results came back negative after 3 months, and as far as I'm concerned, that's the end of it.

Take good care of yourself, and I hope you get better soon.

Hugz,

Hobgoblin.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#11570 - 10/29/00 07:12 PM

Actually there has been more than one case of late seroconversion. Its documented in the medical journals. The reason the healthcare worker took so long to seroconvert was she had been simultaneously infected with hep c.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Keep testing NEGATIVE but/ LISTEN new
      #11579 - 10/30/00 04:29 AM

Hey my friend, it is NO WAY that we are infected. Eerything is in your mind. Stop seeing a doctor, it will just confuse you. Stop surfing the net too. Go back to normal life asap. I have the same experience not exact but similar. Stop burning yourself!!!

Hobgoblin
Regular

#11600 - 10/30/00 01:35 PM

Okay, I stand corrected, there has been more than one documented case of extremely late seroconversion.

But let's not split hairs.

The odds are still phenominally against wacko having contracted HIV. I mean, He's been tested negative at 8 months after a possible exposure for Pete's sake!

We are here to help people, not keep casting doubts in their mind.... >:¬/

Hobgoblin

Xander
Unregistered

#11621 - 10/30/00 05:21 PM

> I had super high risk exposure with a foreign sex worker when I performed oral sexon her.

Just for educational purposes, this is not "super high risk" even if she were hiv+ and
there was an "exposure". There is some risk to oral sex, but it is definitely much lower
that other types of sex.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#11645 - 10/31/00 12:27 AM

Yes, but we should post facts!

Hobgoblin
Regular

#11649 - 10/31/00 03:16 AM

>:¬/

Anonymous
Unregistered

#11659 - 10/31/00 12:09 PM

ok?

Hobgoblin
Regular

#11678 - 10/31/00 04:17 PM

No, not really, I'm busy trying ot help other people on this forum whilst having to tolerate argumentative twots who can't even be bothered to register...

Hobgoblin

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3188

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3