Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Changing opinion about 3 vs 6 of Ryan Kull and...
      #11466 - 10/27/00 12:24 PM

other. Ryan Kull have said 3 months is enough for him. But read his last post called "just found out yesterday about hiv..." in that post he recommends not 3 but 6 months!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Reader
Unregistered

Re: Changing opinion about 3 vs 6 of Ryan Kull and... new
      #11467 - 10/27/00 12:59 PM

If you read thoroughly, you will note that the poster had REAL EXPOSURE to HIV. His partner tested poz for HIV. If you are not certain of your partner's status or had minimally risky sex, 3 mos. is good enough. People should be tested twice a year anyway if they are sexually active and not in monogamous relationships.

Anonymous
Unregistered

YOUR POST DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL new
      #11470 - 10/27/00 02:04 PM

Listen, when someone takes a test they think they have been exposed to the hiv virus. Its not a thing like hey you are low risk so test at 3 months, oh you on the other side, you are high risk, so test at 6 months. Hiv virus doesnt make any difference in the risk. If there is a risk, no matter how small, there is a risk, and if the risk exist then the infection is possible. Do you think the body makes a difference and say, you enter the hiv virus via oral sex and you via anal sex, so because the virus enters vial oral sex im gonna produce antibodies sooner than 3 months and on the other side, because the virus enters via anal sex, i think im gonna produce antibodies at just 5 months and some more days...NO WAY. Its either 3 or 6 months, no matter what kind of risk. Ryan Kull change of opinion its very bad, because he is admitting, 6 months is the only way to know for sure. PERIOD. Yet he says 3 months is enough? Whats with him?

Anonymous
Unregistered

WELL DUH! new
      #11480 - 10/27/00 03:09 PM

SEEMS TO ME ALL SOMEONE HAS TO DO IS POST MR.KULL AS TO WHY HE HAS A DIFFERENCE STANCE ON THIS EXPOSURE THEN HE HAS HAD FOR OTHERS.I DO KNOW HE DOES TELL MIXED STATUS COUPLES TO TEST EVERY 6 MONTHS ANYWAY.

PVS
Guru

Reged: 09/19/00
      #11484 - 10/27/00 03:50 PM

Some people are fine with 3 months and some people are fine at 6 months. Let's not be repetitive. There are no absolute or definitive answers. If you test negative at 3, be happy because you will most likely test negative at 6. Ryan was just giving advice to the best of his knowledge. Again, no one can say for sure what is adequate testing. It really depends on the individual's comfort level. Cheers! == PVS

Anonymous
Unregistered

#11491 - 10/27/00 05:34 PM

3 months is personally good enough for Ryan Kull,he's said it often enough,but they always try and should reiterate that 6 mths is the Cdc guideline

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: WELL DUH! new
      #11507 - 10/28/00 12:12 AM

I agree that the six months is often stated because most reputable pros tend to give the cdc standard even when they believe three months is enough

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1345

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3