Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

tongue problem
      #11420 - 10/26/00 06:30 PM

I tested negative at three month and I still have severe white tongue with pain in my tongue. Does that mean I need another test especially that im entering into my six month after exposure

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Hobgoblin
Regular

Reged: 10/09/00
Re: tongue problem new
      #11422 - 10/26/00 06:52 PM

If you have not had any other exposure to HIV during the 3 months, the chances of your tongue problem being due to HIV are infinitessimal.

If you are negative at 3 months post exposure, you're in the clear. There have only been a few VERY RARE cases of someone taking longer than 3 months to seroconvert. There are usually enough antibodies to show up on an HIV test 25 days after an exposure.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this problem, but I cannot see it is HIV related.

Please go to your doctor to see what he has to say.

All the best,

Hobgoblin

QQQ

Reged: 09/30/00
Re: tongue problem new
      #11430 - 10/26/00 08:19 PM

I know where your coming from. My tounge has been white for 3 months now, it some days it hurts and other days it does not. I have also had the classic geographic tounge look too. I have been to 3 dentists and several doctors. The only thing that I have found to help is a tounge scraper and a mouthwash called biotene (available at any drug store). My expose was in mid-april. I tested negative at 2,4, 4.5, 5.5 and 6.5 months after my one chance exposure. I have also been bothered by little tiny cancker sores whenever I eat, especially salty foods. It never hurts to get tested, but remember it could also be all the stress you are under just worrying about your tounge. Remember to post back when things get better. It helps others to read this board and know that they are not alone. Good luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered

QQQ new
      #11431 - 10/26/00 08:22 PM

Have you been tested for any other STDs?

QQQ

Reged: 09/30/00
Re: QQQ new
      #11528 - 10/28/00 03:01 PM

No, I haven't been tested specificially for any other STD's but I have had many blood tests for diabetes, b12 defiecieny, stool samples, total wbc and differntial, and also thyroid tests. Those tests all came out okay. I haven't had any other STD like symptoms and after six months I am sure I either have sores on my genitals or pain during urination if I had any other of the other STD's. My doctor says its all anxiety and stress over the "mistake" I made. Guilt as you can tell by reading everyone else's posts is a very very powerful thing. I have started seeing a phycologist who specializes in people who are undergoing testing for STD's. He has been a big help. If you have a hairy tounge which makes it white, I read that bacteria like to hide out inbetween the long pappilae and that they can cause some of the pain. I have also noticed that when I get nervous or stressed out, I push my tounge against the roof of my mouth alot and I don't even notice it. This can couse pain too. Try the biotene mouthwash, it's made to get those bacteria without drying out your tounge. See you dentist for more help, but if your tounge is your only problem then treat that. Read my old posts and you can see all the other problems I have been having. Good luck and post back when you need more support.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1957

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3