Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

oral herpes
      #11326 - 10/25/00 12:07 AM

I know this is an HIV board but I have a question about oral herpes and I was wondering if anybody could help. I have a friend who has oral herpes who likes to bite her nails all the time, is it possible for it to transmit the virus to her fingers and develop blisters on her fingers?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: oral herpes new
      #11327 - 10/25/00 12:18 AM

I've had oral herpes or commonly called "cold sores" or fever blisters" and I don't think it is possible to develop the same kind of blisters on your fingers. I am pretty sure that oral herpes can be transmitted to genital herpes through oral sex. Hope this helps

Anonymous
Unregistered

#11329 - 10/25/00 12:32 AM

Thanks, it does help. Did you have a mild fever during your initial infection with herpes? I also wanted to know if it was possible for genital herpes to be transmitted through bad hygiene. What I mean is that I know this person has not engaged in any oral sex - giving or receiving - and I believe her. She said she doesn't have signs of gentinal herpes either. What I'm wondering is that is it possible that she has genital herpes, maybe touched her genitals and inadvertantly touched her mouth and spread it there?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#11334 - 10/25/00 04:50 AM

The way of transmission IS possible but unlikely. Now the type of herpes ( 1 or 2 ) is well mixed. You can have oral or genital herpes of the same type at the same time. She may have genital herpes without sign. However, she is not always infectious. Go to the herpes site and you will have a better idea. It is not a deadly diseaes but inconvenient for most of the people. Take care.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1417

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3