Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Nicola
Unregistered

Am I obsessed with this disease? What is goin on
      #112623 - 10/10/04 11:51 PM

After risky exposures with guys of unknown status in the past, I promised myself I would be more careful in the future after receiving negative results. Well, 2 weeks ago, I hooked up with a guy that I had been hanging out with. We kissed and caressed heavily and proceeded to have sex. He entered me and thrusted for about 30 seconds to a minute at the most and I pushed him off and told him to use some protection. He put on a condom and had sex and ejaculated and pulled out immediatly. The "contents" were inside the condom. Now I am worried. it seems like everywhere I look, what magazine I open, look at TV advertisements or stories about HIV and I am scared. Is it hints? What is it? I don't know what it is. Last time when I was afraid of my suspected exposure, I would see HIV everywhere and ARS everywhere..license plates, bill boards...etc. Is it me or what is going on???

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tesla
Regular

Reged: 04/28/04
Re: Am I obsessed with this disease? What is goin on new
      #112693 - 10/12/04 04:15 PM

When it comes to HIV, you should take precautionary measures all of the time. It should be obvious to you that heavy foreplay is less risky than penetration without prophylactics. Your behavior concomitant to sexual intercourse evinces that you care about yourself. There is nothing wrong with that. Remember that HIV can be found in precum. It needs a port of entry. The amount of HIV in precum is what you should be worried about since you did convince the guy to wear a condom eventually. The good news is that the amount normally found in precum is conspicuously low compared to what is evidenced in semen and blood. It sounds like the chances of you having caught something in this encounter is close to cipher. If you find yourself poignant about this issue, then I would suggest getting a test done in the future once you are out of the window period.

Tes

gretel
Unregistered

Re: Am I obsessed with this disease? What is goin on new
      #113052 - 10/24/04 03:50 PM

Hi Tesla,
I just read your answer to this question as I was searching for info about a similar experience I had -- i.e., the guy (I'm a woman) entered me for only about 20 seconds, then I asked him to pull out, then we proceeded to do the whole mutual masturbation thing rather than have intercourse. What do you think the chances are I could have contracted HIV? The thing that concerns me is that he is a high-risk individual -- I know he has a history of drug use, though I'm not sure about needles; and I know he has had quite a bit of sex with both men and women. We are both in our early 20s in the midwest. He claims he does not have the disease because he occasionally donates plasma.
I also gave him unprotected oral sex 6 months ago (he ejaculated), and while I know that is a relatively low-risk activitiy, I had a bad viral illness that was NOT mono but mono like several weeks afterwards -- swollen neck glands, sore throat, high fever and night sweats, and loss of weight because my throat was so swollen.
Ack!! Please help because just as I got reassured that I probably didn't get it from oral sex, and that it could have been just a viral illness (my mom was sick roughly at the same time with the same fever, loss of energy, as well as diahhrea, etc)., not I am tweaking out because it is 4 weeks after the encounter in which he was inside me and I have a slight rash on my chest (could be dry skin -- it feels slightly irritated and my skin feels dry and itchy all over), and I also have a headache usually (allergies?? but never had them before) and worst of all, I'm having a vaginal itch and whitish discharge -- and I've NEVER had a yeast infection -- and a whitish coated tongue, especially in the a.m., WHAT IS GOING ON??? Any insight, or sanity, would be much appreciated because this is ALL I THINK ABOUT anymore and I AM LOSING MY MIND I am so stressed out. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1244

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3