Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

THERE ARE BITTER PEOPLE ON HERE
      #112049 - 09/29/04 02:01 PM

For people asking questions about window periods, and testing be careful to not listen to the 3 to 6 month answers. Yes the CDC says 3 to 6 months but they are coservative. I have also heard after 8 weeks 95 percents of hiv infections are dtected. HIV positive people answering these posts should stop trying to bring the rest of us downb. Its not everyone but I have seen a few posts that look bitter, and are depressing answers. But im just saying that Mass Health is correct and are not out to fuck us over.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: THERE ARE BITTER PEOPLE ON HERE new
      #112054 - 09/29/04 06:38 PM

IM from Vancouver ,B.C., im not gay but have talked to gay people and others when I wanted to try something new. I met one guy who told me he was positive, we never met but talked on the phone. He told me the biggest problem in the Vancouver gay community is guys not revealing their status or lying about it. Since that conversation I have heard similar stories from gay friends , drug addicts, and others. So what is it im sating, not much, but it is not also gays but straight people are doing this as well. The thing is it is more prevelant in the gay community, which does not surprise me. Wear condoms,condoms ,condoms, condoms, Plus do not believe the person unless you are in the doctors office hearing their result. I have nothing against gay people, but if you are gay , realize their is a connection between HIV and the gay community. Dont even try to compare it to hetro sexual because if you look mat the numbers. The gay communtiy has been in first for awile. So anyways dont trust your partners, no matter what.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: THERE ARE BITTER PEOPLE ON HERE new
      #112061 - 09/30/04 02:48 AM

what are the stats 75% of HIV in USA is Gay ?

Broken_Angel1
Guru

Reged: 02/26/04
Loc: Arizona
Re: Judgements new
      #112166 - 10/02/04 04:24 AM

Have you ever heard...better safe than sorry?

Unfortunately, HIV/AIDS is not an exact science...no matter what anyone claims. If I was wondering about my status, I would feel 95% relieved after a 3 month (-) test but completely satisfied with a 6 (-)month test. Everywhere, you can get conflicting information about when you are truly clear...and 90% of these places are all completely credible. So, who do you trust?? My point being if you are happy with a 3 month test...GREAT...if you need reassurance test at 6 months (which is pretty much the MAXIMUM time frame consensus). There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. And TRUTH being...HIV progresses and shows up at different times within that time, differently in everyone...but pretty much absolute (diagnosis) at 6 months.

Myself, as an HIV positive person, very much resents your statement that we are bringing people down. We are only trying to help people in pain with our knowledge (11 years, myself). I ask you, how much knowledge or education or life experience, do you have?

Before you open your mouth...walk a mile in my shoes. There are very few bitter people on this board...but why don't you do what we have to do, ignore it, or confront THEM, maybe think about what they have to endure every minute of the day and cut them some slack. Then and only then you can try and judge ANY of us.

--------------------
"No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted." AESOP

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1406

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3