Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

suicide..! m so confused, pls assist
      #112034 - 09/29/04 08:15 AM

i had sex n i used a condom but forgot to remove it after the act. slept heavilly since i was very tired. when i woke the condom had dropped n rolled on the bed. i must hav rolled on it cuz i got ghonorrea which was treated. but m so traumatised now as i wait for another HIV test in 3 months. tel me anything to help me keep calm... or m even contempleting suicide m a fraid, please help. any expert on Bacteria n viruses spread. pls help my head will blow, cant sleep, cant eat.....!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: suicide..! m so confused, pls assist new
      #112042 - 09/29/04 11:12 AM

ok, breathe! You can not change the past. So, work to get your head in the place. illness is irrelevant, because whatever you must face your heads got to be in the right place. Worry is the enemy. So Stop! So, stop overanalyzing every spot and weird thing your body might do (because your mind is a powerful place, and make you believe things even when theyre not). Go, get your head in the right place! it will do you wonders and everything will follow. You can deal with anything with a clear mind.

And remember that an hour of time does not make or break your future. Your future is defined every second of the day and with every choice you make (and sometimes your life makes a left turn, when you anticipated taking a right). Know that in the end, it all happened for a reason and will continue to influence future decisions. That, to me, is what is really important. Perhaps, when your life has taken a right turn, you can give back and help others whose lives, unexpectedly, took a left. Most of the time we really have little control….

When people say they fear HIV, what they are saying is that they fear death.So, why live in fear? Do you wake everyday and fear getting hit by a bus? Do you fear opening your mail and sniffing anthrax. A plane smashing into your building on any given day? Do you fear mosquitoes or West Nile? Or eat hamburger and get Mad Cow? The answer is NO! We live in a messed up world. So, stop living in worry and fear and start living your life (because you've only got one). So, you might as well make it all worthwhile. Why not go volunteer and help someone less fortunate, because for one reason or another it will be you someday.

First, forgive yourself. Why focus on HIV?

Nothing
Unregistered

#112046 - 09/29/04 12:24 PM

It is a virus dificult to caught, others STDs like gonorrea isn´t and your episode doesn´t seems to be an issue,you use condoms during de act so for your piece of mind a test 3th/4th generation pasts 6-8 weeks negative let you forget it. Try to relax is very very difiicult you was infected by this act

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
      #112183 - 10/02/04 11:14 AM

You must stay calm my friend and remember that you were protected....I am sorry to hear that you got an std but that was cleared and now you MUST clear your mind from thinking the worst. I know this is difficult and it can and IS very stressful but you have to TRY to keep things in your life in prospective....remember to love yourself no matter what the results...you are a good person and people DO love you. We are here for you if you need us, anytime and please update us on your results when you get them...Try and stay focused on work, friends, love(if in your life), family and activities that you enjoy...dont sit and think about hiv all day-this will not help you.....I am praying for you my friend and holding you close in my thoughts....all my love, ~Jessie~

HIV+ since 2-3-04
"While there is breath, there is hope".

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1389

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3