Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
preplaseni
Unregistered

one year window period
      #111840 - 09/23/04 03:39 AM

I am surfing the web and doing a bit of resarch on hiv and I'v seen some sites which are saying that sometimes the window period can be up to one year.
It freaks me out!!!
Is this true becouse I had sex with a girl (one night stand) and my condom broke, which I did't realise until I was done. I had test 1 month after negative 4 months after negative 5 month after negative 2 weeks past 6 month (just to be sure) again negative but when I saw that one year window period it freaks me out. Can anybody tell me why is this one year period there is it true or what?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: one year window period new
      #111841 - 09/23/04 05:56 AM

This was whit de old tests, the test actually used are accurate at 3 months, 12 weeks.You are fine, still fine

Anonymous
Unregistered

#111861 - 09/23/04 04:26 PM

The window period is NOT 1 year, it is 3 months. Stop believing everything else. You are fine.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#111862 - 09/23/04 04:28 PM

Dude, if you trawl the internet long enough, you'll probably find that its possible crap through your nose. Does'nt mean you're going to be the only person in the world you can do it though does it. Think about it! 40 million cases. One / Two max recorded cases. Thats 20 million to 1 chance, multiplied by the possibility of you actually being infected. I think you really have got more chance of crapping through your nose.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#111876 - 09/23/04 08:12 PM

What web sites are posting such information? If you can post them, maybe someone can clarify the information. Watch out for the dates too, some of the info you find is plainly outdated information. I believe, with all the recent studies, that the one year testing is not necessary. The CDC doesn't even recommend testing beyond 6 months.

uplaseni
Unregistered

this is the site where i'v found it new
      #111888 - 09/24/04 06:37 AM

First i went to cdc which stated only rarely it take up to 6 months and then they provide a link to www.hivtest.org which is its service and there is a statement that in rare cases it can take up 6-12 months and here is a link http://www.hivtest.org/subindex.cfm?FuseAction=FAQ#8

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: this is the site where i'v found it new
      #111917 - 09/25/04 07:35 AM

The web site refers to the National STD and AIDS hotline. Call and ask, they will tell you if you like. I believe there have been two documented cases(out of many million) where seroconversion has taken more than 6 months. These are rare cases in which one was an occupational exposure and the other one, I am just not sure about the story(these happened many years ago, testing has advanced). The CDC will tell you this as well. Hope this helps.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1631

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3