Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

ARS rash characteristics... PLEASE clarify!!!
      #111759 - 09/20/04 06:26 PM

i posted here afew days ago, the girl who lives very far away from any city and can't get tested yet, but had a high risk encounter 6 months ago, and now is terrified she's given her boyfriend hiv?

can someone please help me! i know it's not good to self-diagnose, but i have no access to health care of any sort right now- i'm totally isolated...

my boyfriend has a rash on his body. it appeared 6 weeks ago, on his lower abdomen and left leg, down by his ankle. the spots were small, like pimples, or spider bites, raised and red. some were pink. (we are both caucasian, just for the record.) they were itchy and we thought they were bug bites. they were accompanied by a sore throat, but i never checked if he had a fever or swollen lymph nodes. (we both got colds after that, too, which was likely the sore throat thing...) then the rash went away. a week ago, it returned (this is now 6 weeks after it initially appeared. ) it is now on his stomach, right where it meets his hip bone. again also, on his lower left leg and ankle. there are approx. 8-15 dots in both rash areas. they are itchy, raised, red and pink and small.

he cannot be having this reaction out of stress or anxiety b/c he doesn't know what it could potentially be. i have never been this terrified in my life. i would kill myself if i'd given it to him. he has so much going for him and is the nicest man i've ever been with. i don't know what to do.

i can't find any clarified information on ARS rash characteristics. can anyone please tell me if these sound like dangerous or definitive characteristics of ARS rash? i'm completely falling apart and want to cry each time i look at him.

i've never felt so low in my life.

just for the record, my bf and i have never had sex w/o a condom, and he has gone done on me a minimal amount.

-terrified in canada

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MY2cent
Unregistered

my2cent new
      #111761 - 09/20/04 07:45 PM

ok breathe, Work to get your head in the place. illness is irrelevant, because whatever you must face your heads got to be in the right place. Worry is the enemy. So Stop! Stop overanalyzing every spot and weird thing your body might do (because youre mind is a powerful place, and make you believe things even when theyre not). You can deal with anything with a clear mind. you can not change the past. Get tested, a good place to start is with home access. (http://www.homeaccess.com/)

Why are you so focused on HIV?

AMFAR AIDS HANDBOOK (Chapter 4, Page 53 )

There are four stages to HIV disease

1) Acute Infection Stage (500-1200 CD4s)- begins immediately after hiv enters the body and starts multiplying in infected cells. Acute infection ends about 2-6 weeks later. Acute infection produces no noticeable symptoms in about half of the people affected. The others usually experience flu-like symptoms such as low-grade fever, headache, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, rash, diarrhea, and muscle aches. These symptoms can last 2 weeks to 2 months, but only 20-30% of patients who experience them find it necessary to see a physician. Individuals with severe symptoms during acute infection are more likely are more likely to experience rapid disease progression.

2) Asymptomatic Stage - CD4 Lymphocyte count above 500 - This is the longest stage of HIV disease, lasting an average of 10 years, although in a few people it can be as short as 1 year or as long as 15 years. During this stage, most hiv infected individuals develop few symptoms of HIV disease. It is almost as if the virus has gone underground. This is not however a state of latent infection: in more than 95% of infected people, the virus is rapidly multiplying.

3) Early HIV disease: CD4 200-500 asymptomatic hiv disease gradually changes to early hiv disease during the slow drop in cd4s. the change often becomes apparent with the development of one or more characteristic opportunistic infections (such as candidiasis, herpes simplex disease, shingles, oral hairy leukoplakia. bacterial infections that cause bronchitis, sinusitis, and pneumonia also often increase.

4) Advanced HIV disease (AIDS) CD4 below 200 - Early hiv disease progresses to advance with th e further decline of cd4 cell counts and gradual appearance of serious opportunistic infections and cancers

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ARS rash characteristics... PLEASE clarify!!! new
      #111783 - 09/21/04 02:28 PM

Even if you do have it ..you can not have infected him since you always use condoms, so don't worry about it. and just get tested.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: my2cent new
      #111786 - 09/21/04 03:18 PM

Hmmmm,

I guess I am not the only one to tell you that Home Access will SEND you an HIV test and you could SEND it back to them. All it takes is a COMPUTER, CREDIT CARD and a MAILING ADDRESS. If you can travel to the UK to get drunk and have some strange, you can get tested.

So listen up Nanook of the North, either hook up the dog sled and get into an outpost for some testing or have Home Access send you a test. You do nobody, especially yourself any good by worrying yourself to death in your igloo. If you are unwilling to take advice, than nobody here can help you. SYMPTOMS MEAN NOTHING! Get your head out of your ass and go test or have one sent to you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ARS rash characteristics... PLEASE clarify!!! new
      #111806 - 09/21/04 11:24 PM

Hey guess what...ARS rash is on the chest and back, not the legs. If you use condoms he doesn't have it. Even if you didn't use them, and you had it, chances are he doesn't have it. Get a home access kit. Oh, and spider bites are really big..most 'spider bites' are actually insect bites, spiders tend not to bite too often.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: my2cent new
      #111816 - 09/22/04 11:48 AM

abusive and derogatory language is not at all helpful for people in a time of fear and confusion such as this.

if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. people come to this forum for guidance not insult.

please be considerate of people here and don't make it seem to others that thay have to be humiliated in order to receive advice.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5555

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3