Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

so many symptoms, i am scared to death!
      #111606 - 09/16/04 12:40 PM

i went on holiday 7 months ago to the uk. one stupid, unfortunate night i got really drunk and had unprotected sex with a guy in northern ireland. as soon as i got back to n.america, i got an std test and pap done, but no blood test. i was clear for everything else. 3 weeks after this encounter, i had awful diarroeha, the worst i've ever had. the worst part of this thing is that i have a boyfriend and was unfaithful to him. every time we had sex for the past 3 months, i've bled afterward. i've been having sore throats, so has he. dry cough, him too. i had sinusitis, floaters in my eyes, diificulty swallowing, abdominal cramps, small white bumps on my hands and face, dizziness, extreme fatigue, and swollen lymph glands in my groin.

the absolute worst thing is this, my boyfriend had a rash, small, red, itchy bumps that looked like bug bites, on his abdomen and left leg. at the ssame time he had a cough and sore throat.

we live in such a remote area that i haven't been able to get down to a city for testing. i'm having panic attacks every day, am sleeping very little, feel nothing but terror and guilt. at this point i wouldn't even care if i was infected, as long as my boyfriend is safe.

i am scared to death, and so, so guilty. ican't believe i've done this.

can anybody help me??

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Matt
Unregistered

Re: so many symptoms, i am scared to death! new
      #111610 - 09/16/04 01:02 PM

For HIV primary infection this is a highly unusual set of symptoms.

Did you get a blood test for syphilis. The syptoms fit (mostly) the textbook definition, see Medline:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001327.htm

Could also be a severe reaction to HPV virus (human papilloma virus), a herpes virus or a combination of other things together.

You really need to see a doctor to get some tests and a diagnosis.

Please don't be hard on yourself. To err is human and so is to forgive. Perhaps yours and your man's symptoms are unrelated. If there is a joint infectious cause, perhaps it wasn't you who brought this into the relationship.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#111616 - 09/16/04 01:51 PM

If you feel so guilty, find away to get tested. If your potential exposure was more than 90 days ago, the test will be conclusive. The vast majority of those infected will test positive within 6 weeks. You can also have a Home Access test delivered to you via the internet. You really need to get tested so you can put this behind you and move on or seek life sustaining treatment. Right now vasilation is not your friend.

Good Luck.

my2cent
Unregistered

#111641 - 09/16/04 09:23 PM

ok breathe, Work to get your head in the place. illness is irrelevant, because whatever you must face your heads got to be in the right place. Worry is the enemy. So Stop! Stop overanalyzing every spot and weird thing your body might do (because youre mind is a powerful place, and make you believe things even when theyre not). Go, get your head in the right place! it will do you wonders and everything will follow. you can deal with anything with a clear mind. you can not change the past. Get tested, a good place to start is with home access. (http://www.homeaccess.com/)

Why are you so focused on HIV?

Anonymous
Unregistered

am i infected? new
      #111669 - 09/17/04 03:33 PM

i had an unprotected sex from about 3 weeks with a girl who had a negative HIV test 1 month before our relation, i am facing symptoms similar to flue or sore throat but its not that bad. i am wondering whether its HIV symptom or just the reason of weather change since i moved to a different country. Please try to help ... thank you... hohohb@hotmail.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2232

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3