Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
kayslay

Reged: 09/14/04
symptoms many times DO NOTt mean anything
      #111557 - 09/14/04 06:29 PM

i just want to share a lil bit of my story...for the past 2 years i was in denial and didnt want to get tested, but then a yr ago i met my fiance and knew that eventually i had to get tested, i selfishly told him i took the hiv test prior to our relationship(which was true) how ever after my hiv test results came back negative i had unprotected sex with a friend...this summer i began experiencing frequent ear infections , sinisus, tonsilitis(lasted 3 months) diahrrea(lasted 4 months) and my anxiety was off the roof, i also had a swollen lymph node(for 2 months) and numbness on my hands, and last week thanks to the support i recieved here i got up my behind and went and got tested after months of denial, i took the test and my counselor cheerfuly said negative, i called my fiance and we both began to cry(he has also gotten tested right before i did). I was so into believing i had every symptom thanks to the wo nderful world of google, you type in nail fungus and it tells you, you have hiv. thats whats wrong with the word today we are so afraid of this disease(Wtih good reasoning)that we forget about those who live with it, is not a death sentence, it doesnt control you, you have to control it bby taking much better care of yourself. i want to thank my hiv positive cousin for sharing with me how he feels about his hiv status...i want to thank every one in this board and send my blessings to all of you, god bless you all

kay
sept 22nd
ill be 21 yeii^

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: symptoms many times DO NOTt mean anything new
      #111595 - 09/16/04 03:36 AM

Im living in off the wonderful world of google myself. i was also in months of denial. I am awaiting the results of my test. Really keeping my fingers crossed that it is negative

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: symptoms many times DO NOTt mean anything new
      #111597 - 09/16/04 08:46 AM

we will be praying for you

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1196

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3