Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
SCARED_CRAZY

Reged: 08/24/04
SYMPTOMS!!!! I M SCARED
      #111531 - 09/13/04 07:49 PM

I am working in a Departmental store with the petrol station.
There a lady customer came in asking for BAND AID for her open would profously bleeding. and i being and customer service manager. went out to help her and tried to put BAND AID with bare hands with full care so that no blood from her wound can touch my hands... while washing my hands i realised that my hand were dry and there was bit of DRY cracks on my tip of my fingers, which were no open cracks or painful was JUST DUE TO DRYNESS as U CAN SEE SOMETIMES IN WINTER UNDER UR PALM, then the thing which is worrying me is there might be a touch of a drop of her blood from her wound which must have touched my finger tips right on the cracks. and must have went in my blood stream. I M WORRIED PLEASE HELP!!!

PLEASE CLARIFY!!!

Even if thinking that i had some cuts of skin due to open of card board curtoon to refill of grocery..
and then a little bit of blood must have touched my those unknowingly cuts...
OR it should be open wound to get infected.. means do my hand to bleed profousely...
1) how much blood is required to pass infection this way
2) How much blood should be present to cause infection and the CUTS should be visible and bleeding for infection to occur..

After 5 weeks .. i feeel the following symptoms..
1) Back pain since past 10 days
2) nauseatic (since last week)
3) Eye pain and LEFT EYE irritating since 4 days now
4) spinal cord pain

I am working in the store thats why i have to stand and serve ppl for 7-8 hours..

i know that can be the reason but has never happened before.. and WHY NOW??????

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jess

Reged: 07/31/04
Re: SYMPTOMS!!!! I M SCARED new
      #111532 - 09/13/04 09:21 PM

Yyou've posted this question over and over. The reason why you keep having these symptoms, is because of the fear you have of the HIV disease. You think every itch, every ache and pain is related to the disease. Why would you even handle someone else's blood without gloves? I would wait one more week for the 6 week point and have a test. Your risk was risky because of it being related to blood and the person's status is unknown. As for how much blood is needed..it depends on how much HIV concentration is in the drop of blood and if it entered the bloodstream. If you are worried, you can get a DNA PCr test which is expensive or just wait and get a 6 week antibody test with a 3rd generation HIV test which be promising of a 12 week result. I am sorry to see you worry so much. Relax and have the test and let us know what happens. Good luck and stay safe.- Jess

SCARED_CRAZY

Reged: 08/24/04
Re: SYMPTOMS!!!! I M SCARED new
      #111586 - 09/15/04 07:25 PM

hey JESS,
I was having no known cuts on my hands and which were bleeding and when i finished putting bandaid.. i saw my hands and saw NO KNOWN TRACES of her blood..
do u recon still i m @ risk?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1395

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3