Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

late seroconverstion
      #11150 - 10/22/00 12:49 PM

how often does late seroconvertion happen? I tested negative at three month and now im entering into my sixth month and I started to feel pain in my eyes. I heared from a doctor at the lab were I got tested that pain in the eyes are part of HIV symptoms.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie Blue
Unregistered

Re: late seroconverstion new
      #11151 - 10/22/00 01:21 PM

Pain in the eye might be a symptom of retinal CMV (among other things) which would be an OI. Something someone just converting would not have to worry about. Since you tested negative a 3 months I wouldn't think this would be a symptom of HIV. ALSO, please don't take me wrong, and start thinking you have symptoms of OI's. That would be YEARS from initial infection and if you were years into an HIV infection you would not have been negative at 3 months.

Instead of worring that this might be HIV, get your eyes checked.

Jedi Master
Unregistered

#11155 - 10/22/00 03:39 PM

I was just going to type you an answer but then I first read Jackie Blue's answers. It couldnt have been better answered. So I would tell you I think exactly the same as Jackie Blue. If someone is infected then he/she will experience the symptoms of ARS, in some persons very mild in some very strong. Then thats it. I could take from 3 to 10 years to experience the first symptoms. The first one been fungal infections or things like candiadisis (trush) and the likes. But in the first 3 or 4 years the infected person is not likely to have symptoms at all. You are fine. If your eyes problems were HIV related you wouldnt have tested negative and then a few days or months after that test start having hiv related complications. It just dont work that way. Besides eyes problems causes by HIV it seen really in the late late stages of AIDS, not even HIV! You are negative but go see a doctor and tell her/him all your medical worries, no matter how stupid you think they are, that whats Doctors are all for, relieving people, both physically and mentally.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#11175 - 10/23/00 04:34 AM

The doctor may not know what he is talking about. 3 months is 99.9% accurate. If you are not sure or still not feel comfortable, go for a 6 months test and that is up to the limit of modern medcine can achieve. It is almost impossible you will test positive by now.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1410

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3