Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Info on window from Mass site
      #110966 - 08/28/04 11:31 PM

http://www.mass.gov/dph/cdc/factsheets/hivfac.htm

This website says it takes between 6 weeks and 6 months to pick up antibodies therefore some of the posts dont seem right in saying 6 weeks is the windo. Whats the deal?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Info on window from Mass site new
      #110970 - 08/29/04 06:22 AM

If you have any questions about Mass. call them. The number is 1-800-235-2331 for the Aids Action hotline. I am sure they will clear up any questions for you. They definitely say a test is accurate, over 99%, after 6 weeks. They will also tell you if you have a severe immune disorder, it could take longer. Perhaps that is where you are reading 6 months.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#110975 - 08/29/04 09:07 AM

does anyone know what kind of test they use at 6 weeks?

BostonKid
Unregistered

#110983 - 08/29/04 02:00 PM

mass is currenlty using just a elisa and wb so i dont know what makes them so sure is it the air up here that makes the people serconvert so fast lol i took a 6 week neg here to ad doc assures me im neg and said no tests are needed anymore but i had all symptoms etc so i dont understand i still feel like crap 11 weeks out im tired all day.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#110986 - 08/29/04 02:29 PM

How come Mass Health Department differs from other major recognised sites? Would the generation of testing make any difference to the window?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#110987 - 08/29/04 02:37 PM

Bostonkid do you trust your 6 week test? Do you think there is no need for further testing?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#110989 - 08/29/04 04:41 PM

Check this out. The window period on the 3rd generation tests is 4 weeks from a doctor

http://www.edoc.co.za/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=507

This is from a country where 1 in 5 are infected

BostonKidd
Unregistered

#110990 - 08/29/04 04:54 PM

I really dont know i mean to much has happened for me to be trusting anything anymore.

i had every symptom and more now including fuqing eye floaters when i look at the sky they zoom like flies across my friggin eyes.

folliculitis which i dont know if thats the rash becuase these jerk off tend to say theres no specific rash so im guessing what ever the rash may be it has to be opertunistic which im guessing folliculitis is i cant get any square information on my situation just a you were at a very low risk.

(key word is risk)

i dont feel right anymore constatntly tired even tho i sleep 12 hours im exhausted and the sunlight bother my eyes when i got out.

its just tough u know why couldnt i have just had a muscle ache or two insted of all this then maybe i could say yeah it was stress but when u get swollen glands equaling a viral infection becuase thats what swollen glands indicate you know your in for trouble.

only some stuff i have had can be explained but as for

burning urination yellowish underwear staining but test neg on clamid and ghon test at day four which i find wasnt valid but doc said it was and all the burning etc dissapeared in two weeks

swollen glands hard as a rock week five under chin

post nasal drip

folliculites all over my ass big red mesquito bite lookn things that came back but smaller on legs and thighs week 6

floaters.

extremely dy hair no matter what i did week 1 and woke up shaking like a fever but didnt feel fever sickness should used a thermometer.

4 week neg elisa 6 week neg elisa and 9 week neg p24 which i find out later wasnt valid.

my exposure

i got a bj with a condom on from a hooker the condom fell off once she put it back on she came down hard with teeth as well once and she may have cut herself in mouth unsure.

rubbed her vagina pubic region and i think she was meunstrating becuasse she spread for me and it looked reddish pink insaid but dark redish pink.

so i dont know where i stand i here from some no risk i would have believed it if there were never any damn symptoms

i alos slept for a week straight tewo days after the incedent and didnt eat for 2 weeks and lost 10 pounds and now weeks later have weight fluxuation up 5 pounds down 5 pounds and so on and so forth and this is within day i lose 5 pounds over night thats a little odd dont you think and far fetched to be anxiety and stress related.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Bostonkid new
      #111029 - 08/30/04 11:40 AM

go to MGH clinic, Founders8, Fruit St, talk to JF

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Bostonkid new
      #111036 - 08/30/04 03:12 PM

And what am I gonna be told?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#111043 - 08/30/04 05:57 PM

I dont understand the drill. Is the 6 week test ok? Can I stop worrying?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#111044 - 08/30/04 08:03 PM

I tested in MA 4 years after I had unprotected sex one time with someone that I was later told was HIV+ (never got confirmation) As a female I was sure that I would have it. I went through 4 years of agony, thinking about it everyday, never getting that guy out of my mind. I finally went to the Planned Parenthood there I was told that the state of MA does all their testing at state labs and that they have the most up to date tests. Guess what I came back negative.

Did I doubt my negative status, of course I did. I could of named hundreds of symptoms and signs. So I them took the home access test which also came out negative. I have gotten better, but everytime something isn't right with my body I still think about that one night when I just wasn't thinking, but I know that I need to put that behind me and move on with my life. Trust your test result especially if they came from MA, my doctors have assured me that my status is indeed what we all hope it to be NEGATIVE..

Anonymous
Unregistered

Wait at least 3 months... new
      #111045 - 08/30/04 08:10 PM

No, 6 weeks is encouraging but not conclusive. Anyway, retake the test after 3 months.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2199

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3