Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Coinfection and testing
      #11046 - 10/20/00 02:39 AM

I had a very risky exposure 5 months ago- briefly performing oral sex on a female sex worker w/o protection, at that point I came to my senses and stopped that action. Now, I'm worried that I contracted HIV along with other STD's. I've had symptoms- lost of 12 lbs (poss. due to stress and not eating), rash that is taking awhile to go away, muscle ache, fatigue, etc... Well I tested Negative for HIV-1, MONO, Syphillis, Hep C. Is it safe to say I'm outta woods for all these or will coinfection delay the production of certain Antibodies? Also, is MONO and the EBV the same or do I need to take a special test just for EBV? Are there any other tests that I can take aside from the above and herpes? Thanks. This forum is great for people who have concerns and I think we all appreciate the regulars on here.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Coinfection and testing new
      #11047 - 10/20/00 02:47 AM

If you are telling us that you tested 5 months negative then resume your normal life as sonn as possible. Don't come back any more and don't ever do those crazy sex act again. Goodbye and good luck!!!

GaryNPA
Regular

Reged: 08/01/00
      #11053 - 10/20/00 09:06 AM

First,let me correct your impression. You performed oral sex on a female. That is NOT a high risk. It is low risk Performing oral sex on an hiv positive MALE would be highER risk, only because of possible transmission of seminal fluid and the potential you would open a small cut in your throat (I dont mean to get graphic, but lets think about what you need to transmit hiv.... a confirmed positive sex partner, a significant amount of hiv infected fluid, and an open sore, cut, tear that is fresh to receive the virus...) performing oral sex on a female does NOT offer all those things.

Now, to answer your questions....you are outta the woods for hiv and probably everything except maybe herpes and EBV, both of which are separate blood tests. YOu should get those done and then move on ....

That's my advice.

Anonymous
Unregistered

TO GARYNPA. new
      #11067 - 10/20/00 11:28 AM

Listen, GaryNpa, your doing a great service. But i really dont know why you always makes a difference between a male and a woman. Listen buddy, PRE SEMEN, SEMEN and VAGINAL FLUID (not necesarilly with blood) are EQUALLY INFECTIOUS. People can get and do get infected by contact with ONLY VAGINAL FLUID not even with blood. You can find that information everywhere and in the CDC references. Thanks.

GaryNPA
Regular

Reged: 08/01/00
Re: TO GARYNPA. new
      #11069 - 10/20/00 11:33 AM

I was very clear... I said unless details were left out, the risk of oral sex with a female is less because there is nothing about the physical act that would CAUSE a tear inside the person's mouth to transmit the infection. If open sores or freshly scoured and bleeding gums were present at the time of the act, then yes, I agree. I'm not saying vaginal fluid is not infectious. I am saying that the requirements of transmission would be less likely to be present unless there were other issues.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Correction new
      #11072 - 10/20/00 12:07 PM

Actually, semen is more infectious than vaginal fluid. It goes like this: blood, semen, vaginal fluid...so they are not equally infectious.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#11090 - 10/20/00 10:01 PM

To eveyone that replied to my Comment. This has greatly decreased my anxiety level. I'm actually starting to get my life and perspective back. NO MORE WILD AND CRAZY STUNTS like that, let alone unsafe sex with any other partners. Keep up the positive work on this forum!!!

mental_case
Regular

Reged: 08/20/00
Re: uh no new
      #11100 - 10/21/00 04:05 AM

actually it is harder to isolate hiv in vaginal fluid and that is also why cunnilingus is low risk.cervical secretions have a much much higher amount of hiv in them and are what you are exposed to during vaginal sex and not normally during cunnilingus . no i am not saying vaginal secretions are not infectious just not as much as semen.
BLOOD>SEMEN>CERVICAL SECRETIONS>VAGINAL SECRETIONS
....mc
please don't make me get the post

Xander
Unregistered

#11209 - 10/23/00 04:56 PM

>I had a very risky exposure 5 months ago- briefly performing oral sex on a female sex worker w/o protection

How do you know you had an "exposure"...did the lady tell you she was hiv+?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1997

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3