Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

White bands?
      #10881 - 10/17/00 03:54 PM

I've read that red bands around the teeth are one of the signs of gingivitis, which may be a sign of HIV infection. But does anyone know what white bands are? Is anybody experiencing this? Just curious..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
wdu
Fanatic

Reged: 08/17/00
Re: White bands? new
      #10907 - 10/17/00 09:11 PM

Red or white bands? Gingivitis is a sign that you need to visit you dentist for your scaling. Gingivitis will also cause bleeding when you brush your teeth.

GaryNPA
Guru

Reged: 08/01/00
Re: White bands? new
      #10919 - 10/18/00 09:54 AM

This board is targeted at those people who are currently negative for hiv, and who are either awaiting test results, or are actively waiting out their "window" period. For this audience, gingivitis is NOT a sign of hiv infection. We are more focused on Acute Retroviral Syndrome... and I dont think you will find gingivitis tied to it anywhere.

Gingivitis is a very commonly occuring oral inflamation of the gums. Many people very healthy otherwise have it at some point.

It is, however, a more commonly occuring condition for people with more advanced hiv disease, as are most other oral infections/problems. The mouth is a veritable breeding ground of germs and bacteria... so this is logical.

Put aside the oral manifestations of hiv infection. None of them are commonly associated with ARS.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1341

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3