Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

scared
      #10831 - 10/16/00 12:29 PM

I know that my post is going to be very similiar to alot of the other posts on this issue, but I need some reassuring words because these thought's of having hiv are ruining my life. Anyway, I am a 21 y.o. heterosexual male. About four weeks ago I gave unprotected oral sex which lated for about 5 minutes to a woman which whom I know has been around the block. Two day's later I started to feel sick, and my jaw hurt me. Then fatigue which lasted about 2 weeks along with an unidentified cut in my mouth, and the swollen glands which are still residing on the left side of my neck which hurt when i touch them. And now for the past week or so I've had incredible stomach rumbling and gas constantly, and a slight nasea/pain in my stomach after I eat. Is this all due to contracting the hiv virus? I am already planning how I will not get tested and let the virus take it's course. I spend way too much time looking up symptom's and tying me and them all together. These thought's are killing me. some reassuring word's are much needed. bye

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GaryNPA
Guru

Reged: 08/01/00
Re: scared new
      #10833 - 10/16/00 12:46 PM

You do not have hiv. You have one of the lowest risks on the books, statistically. However, you are at more significant risk for soemthing like herpes or gonorrhea, both of which can take up residence in your mouth or throat and not have the typical genital symptoms.

I think I'd go to the doctor and request a broad spectrum STD test which will look for all of the commonly occuring STDs. At 4 weeks, most of those would turn up by now (and Gonorrhea is sometimes said to manifest in symptoms within a couple days, while hiv does not). The stomach and intestines are a huge lymph gland (my doctor used this as an analogy once). When you are fighting a virus or bacteria, they can act up as part of the body's defense. Dont also forget that if the person you were playing with had not just cleaned up, little nasties like cryptosporidium, and other bacteria can be transmitted which would upset your stomach.

Hey, I'm not a doctor, but you did a very low risk act and got sick too fast for this to be hiv. Go to the doc, get tested for STDs, and the odds are, a round of antibiotics and a "be a good boy from now on" are teh best treatment you can get.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 942

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3