Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

kissing
      #107800 - 08/09/04 12:36 AM

a few nights ago I was at a club with some of my friends and met a girl that was very good looking. She and I did a bunch of vodka shots and french kissed a few times. The next day I found out from one of my friends that this girl really gets around and uses every drug under the sun including needles. When we kissed i had a small cut on my lip that was healing and it wasn't bleeding or anything. I don't know if the girl had bleeding gums or cuts in her mouth or anything. I couldn't taste anything because by the time we were making out I was pretty drunk and so was she. Does this put me at any risk?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: kissing new
      #107846 - 08/09/04 09:58 AM

It would require copious amounts of blood, if you 2 had just knocked out all of each others front teeth then went at it might be possible.

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
      #107854 - 08/09/04 01:05 PM

Well said G-Man. I agree that you would have to have HUGE amounts of blood to be at danger. Just be more careful in the future. Maybe this experience has taught you to use more precaution-I really hope so!!!!!!!! Good luck and enjoy your life-SAFELY!!!!!!!! ~Jessie~

Anonymous
Unregistered

#107861 - 08/09/04 04:03 PM

I always use protection during sex but how does one use precaution during kissing?

MY2CENT
Unregistered

AMFAR new
      #107943 - 08/09/04 10:30 PM

Chapter 3 , Page 35

Throughout the world, people can contract HIV infection in three possible ways:

1) Through sexual contact, either homosexual or heterosexual. Heterosexual contact is the leading means of HIV transmission worldwide, and the fastest growing mode of HIV transmission in the nation.

2) Through the contact with blood or other bodily fluids, bloood products, or tissues of an infected person. this usually occurs by inculation of HIV through needle sharing among users of illicit drugs; much more rarely, by accidental needle stick or splashes of blood on mucous membranes; and extremely rarely, through sustained contact of infected blood with breaks in the skin.

3) Through transfer of the virus from an infected mother to her infect before or during birth, or shortly after birth through breast-feeding. This mother-to-infect transfer is also known as perinatal transmission. Perinatal transmission is in rapdi decline in the US.

Transfer of a virus from mother to infant is known as vertical transmission, which refers to transfer of the virus from one generation to the next. This term, along with horizontal transmission is used often in the scientific literature. horizontal transmission refers to transfer of the virus from one person to another in the population. Sexual transmission and blood-to-blood transmission are both examples of horizontal transmission.

Free HIV particles have been isolated from blood, semen, vaginal fluid, and breast milk. Other body fluids in which HIV is found include cerebrospinal fluid, which bathces the brain and spinal cord; synoviral fluid, which batches the surfaces of joints; pleural fluid, which occupies the narrow space between the lungs and the chest wall; and amniotic fluid, which surrounds the fetus. Researchers have also isolated HIV from saliva, tears, feces, and urine, in which it is sometimes present in very small amounts. No cases of HIV transmission through these fluids have been fully documented.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1660

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3