Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
LabRat
Unregistered

Test results to HIV and HCV
      #104463 - 07/31/04 04:27 AM

In a suicide attempt, a 27-year-old man injected himself in the brachial vein with 0.1 ml of blood that he had obtained, using the same insulin syringe, from a drug addict seropositive for HIV and HCV. Thirteen days after the injection, the man had a temperature of 40 degrees C, sweating, and erythematous pharyngitis. These symptoms lasted 10 days. On day 17 the concentration of p24 antigen was 250 ng per liter, the HIV Western blot assay had no positive band, and an enzyme immunoassay for antibodies to HIV was negative. The test for HIV antibodies first became positive on day 31, when the HIV Western blot assay revealed only weak bands for gp160, p55, p24, and p18. The full HIV-positive Western blot pattern was obtained on day 73. The assay for antibodies to HCV became positive on day 123.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Test results to HIV and HCV new
      #104467 - 07/31/04 05:05 AM

There are at least 30 tests marketed to test for HIV. None of them are approved by the FDA to diagnose the presence or absence of HIV. Not the Elisa, not viral load, not Western Blot, not the P24 antigen test. The FDA and manufacturers clearly state that the significance of testing positive on the Elisa and Western Blot test is unknown.
AIDS researchers admit that the tests contain at least 80 percent non-specific cellular material - they're, at best, 20 percent effective. But in my scientific opinion, they contain no HIV at all. The medical literature lists at least 60 different conditions that can register positive on the HIV-test. These conditions include candidas, arthritis, parasites, malaria, liver conditions, alcoholism, drug abuse, flu, herpes, syphilis, other STDs and pregnancy.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Test results to HIV and HCV new
      #104843 - 08/01/04 12:17 PM

If they were testing that extensively, why didn't they give the man a PCR/RNA. The viral load would have been through the roof when the man was experiencing those physical symptoms. Something seems odd in that story. HCV would have no impact on a PCR test.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2139

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3