Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Negative PCR and ELISA at six weeks
      #102401 - 07/22/04 10:39 PM

I had unprotected sex with a female of unknown status. 4 weeks later after reading about hiv symptoms, I began having a number of symptoms including rash. I had elisa and pcr test negative at 45 days. Also saw a doctor who said symptoms could be caused by many other things, but still suggested follow up elisa, which makes sense. That said how much confidence can I have in my results? I read that one or the other of the tests would be postive at this point if truly infected and showing symptoms. Thanks for the help. I am almost too stressed to function, even after the negative results.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Negative PCR and ELISA at six weeks new
      #102483 - 07/23/04 08:23 AM

You NEG forget about it. What PCR did you have RNA or DNA both at that time frame would be good. Stop readig all the stuff on testing the PCR test if NEG is about as good as it gets Coupled with your NEG ELISA go have a beer or go say a thank you prayer or both. Now get married and stay with one person . ZIP YOUR ZIPPER SO YOU WON"T DIE

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Negative PCR and ELISA at six weeks new
      #103300 - 07/25/04 08:25 PM

The PCR test that I had done was a Roche dna pcr. I want to take these results and be satisfied but I noticed my lymphocyte count on the blood work I had done was only 1300, which is at the low end of the normal range. Also this weekend I bean to develop cancher sores and small pimple like bumps under my tongue. Could all of this be attributed to the stress and why wouldn't the doctor mention the low lymphocyte count when she knew my concerns?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4131

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3