Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
mental_case
Guardian

Reged: 08/20/00
to the CASUAL CONTACT guy
      #10240 - 09/28/00 07:57 PM

look i am trying to help you here but...
you have an awful weird definition of CASUAL contact!
there is not an exchange of cum or blood in casual contact it is that simple.
WHAT YOU ARE RELATING IS NOT CASUAL CONTACT!
in life anything can happen and if you "what if" through your whole life you are going to miss out on an awful lot of wonderful things and that my friend would be very sad.
lets clear up a few points you made:
A)condoms are safe, no doubt about it.
B)if you touch your eye with semen or blood anything is possible but normal people would notice if they had the later on them unless it was dry and if its dry the hiv would be DEAD.and remember it would still have to make it to your bloodstream and then find a host cell it is really not that easy.
C)invisible paper cuts? i refer back to the must have access to your bloodstream. cuts heal within minutes and paper cuts within seconds once a wound that is not bleeding or has a scab on it will not provide access to the bloodstream.
D)exposure does not equal automatic infection.just look at all the negative posts everyone on here has been exposed either high or low risk and everyone regardless of the risk has the same potential loss,that is why we support each other and is why i am trying to help you.
you need to work on your outlook on this subject, i suggest you call a councellor who can educate you an the subject.
before i leave i am going to tell you this if you have concerns about an exposur you had and want to share it with me, i will be more then happy to help you try to work it out,
but i am not going to get involved any further in these what if scenarios.
what if you have hiv what would that mean for you?
would you kill yourself? i ask this because so many people talk about this and i find it a little strange that people
would kill themselves now because they have a disease that might kill them in 10 or 20 years! that is an awful lot of life they will be missing.think of all the sick people out there that could only dream of living another 10 or 20 years
of all the parents out there that have lost their children and what another 10 or 20 years of having their kids around would have meant to them.
there are what ifs in life plain and simple, nothing can change that,we can only deal with it and try to be as safe as possible. millions of people die each year and most of them did not die of old age or aids for that matter.
get over it, again if you have had an exposure you want to talk about let me know but enough of the what ifs.
......................mc

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1321

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3