Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Dutchman
Unregistered

having a break for a longer time
      #101813 - 07/19/04 05:16 PM

Dear everyone,

Since the time i once received my own negative test-result after an (afterwards) unnecessary and almost paralysing worry for HIV, i decided to try to do something useful with my many researches on the subject by reacting on the forum. It sometimes took more than an hour for one reply (mainly because translating into English) but if it has helped only one person it was worth it. What me amazed was that there are so many people out here who have an irrational fear for the illness and are not at real risk. As we have many times seen, there is most probably an underlying mental problem that causes the fear and you should analyse your thoughts very carefully. You will find out what is bothering you.

Besides the WW's i've seen people on the forum who were really at (some) risk. In the months i followed the forum they gladly always ended up negative. I felt always a relieve and so happy if i could read someone was OK.

Now has come the time i have to focus myself on other things. I'm an early twentier and i am working full-time. Besides this i am picking up again my study which is a tough combination.

I wish you all the best. For everyone who is waiting for his/her testing results i wish you lots of strength and peacefulness.

Best regards,
Dutchman

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: having a break for a longer time new
      #101814 - 07/19/04 05:38 PM

Hey, thanks, you've been a lot of help along with the guys at aidsmeds.com

thanks for helping me lower my anxiety levels dutchman.

Hey Dutch
Unregistered

One thing### new
      #101820 - 07/19/04 05:55 PM

Dutchman,

Hello one thing...Dont go! I got a reply back from you about my ill fated encounter with a bar girl in Thailand.. I am the guy who used 3 new condoms throughout the night but also shaved my lower stomach prior to the encounter.. Your words relly helped calm myself down and help me have some strength to go into the Dr. to get my tests started... As of today on July 22 I go in for my 6 week post encounter HIV Elizia 1 and 2... I am so scared that I have screwed up my life and probably sealed my own fate due to my bad decisons..

I have enjoyed reading your responses and honestly look forward to reading them daily..If possible hang around for a few more weeks until I get my 3 month final result... Heck you seem to be a LUCKY RABBITS FOOT for all those you reply to.. Maybe some of your good luck or good MOJO will help out this bad one time decision making fool

Any good mojo from you the next few weeks is truely appreciated... If you have to go I understand...Life is calling...

Hope to see ya around...Cat Man....
PS: I love the Dutch...ciao Dutchman

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101830 - 07/19/04 07:24 PM

Hi Dutchman,

You are a wonderful person with love.

God bless you.

worriedman

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101834 - 07/19/04 09:09 PM

Dutchman you will be missed my friend. You truly will never know how helpful and encouraging you have been to many -
including myself. You have given great guidance, advice and hope to many many. I wish you all the best in all you do in the future. God bless take care and of course stay safe.

Regards,
BW

Broken_Angel1
Guru

Reged: 02/26/04
Loc: Arizona
      #101875 - 07/20/04 03:00 PM

Dutchman,
Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do to make this illness more understandable and more tolerable. People with compassion and knowledge are truly lifes heros and angels on earth!
Enjoy your break and I hope you come back soon. Good Luck in all your endeavors.

--------------------
"No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted." AESOP

feelingbad

Reged: 05/17/04
      #101879 - 07/20/04 03:25 PM

Dutchman,

It is sad to see you going....you have been such a help to so many of us. But, certainly, we all understand that you have your life to live. I just wanted to say once again how much I appreciate what you did for me (as well as the hundred of others you helped). Your advise and kind words meant more to me than I can ever tell you. You helped me get through my 3 months of hell and for that I am eternally grateful. I know there is a special place in heaven for you.

Best of luck to you inall you do. You deserve it!!!!

Feelingbad

D.J.
Unregistered

#101965 - 07/20/04 10:14 PM

So long Dutch. I was just cruisin by the site and saw your good by post. You have indeed been a help to many people. You have an excellent knowledge base. Your English is also excellent.
You are in your early twenties so be careful out there. Have a good life.
I am in the same situation in as much as my life is busy so I can't devote much time here. Again good luck in what ever you do. D.J.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2853

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3