Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Very nervous
Unregistered

Please respond I have a nervous break down???
      #101573 - 07/16/04 09:19 AM

Hello everyone. 17 days ago I have sex with a sex worker. I perform vaginal sex on her. We used condom all the time. In this week I donít feel very well. Iím having muscular pain and especially I feel tension on my head near my ears and neck and dizziness. I donít have fever or rash and sore throat. Iím very nervous right now. I know I have all precautions performing sex but with these symptoms I scare to death I contract the virus. Is possible to catch HIV using correct protection? Please I need your advice Iím very worried. What are my odds practicing safe sex?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Please respond I have a nervous break down??? new
      #101575 - 07/16/04 11:17 AM

You used a condom so you should be safe. You are showing all the signs of stress.

T-Bone
Unregistered

#101581 - 07/16/04 03:05 PM

Man I sure can relate to your situation.. I had a PROTECTED encounter with a bar girl in Asia about 36 days ago. We had sex 3 times that night.. The condoms held no breaks, slips ect. Actually I retested all threee condoms after with water and they all held... If they were damaged they would have leaked.. But I still can not relieve my mind from thinking "What IF?" I think I am loosing my mind...

I have even moved my bed from my bed room to the living room because my bed room was too isolated and made me feel alone and scared.. In the living room their is more light. And better mojo....Do you think I am going nuts?

I have a few more days to go until I get a total STD make up done at my General Dr... If it helps I can relate with your situation becuse I know how your mind can play triks on you thinking What ifs?

Of course I now have had many simptoms since looking up simptoms on the net.. Hopefully my mind is playing tricks with me. I hope so and I am soon to find out my future in a few short weeks... Man I relly have screwed up on my past decison to sleep with this girl... In memory she was a HO HO... Im sure she had HIV...Now my future and hope rests in the science of safe sex and a small latex condom.. Sounds like a huge gamble but Dr. Bob from The Body does not consider safe sex a risk....Maybe I am too conserative to handle my loose lifestyle that I partaked upon... I believe If I come out ok from this I am going to wait to get married before I have sex agian...

Now on to your situation from my "Outside" perspective.. My feelings aside.. If the condom did not break, slip or come off you should be fine... Not a high degree of risk.... But if you are like me which it sounds like you are your mind will play trickes on you until you decide to get tested and KNOW FOR SURE!! You are probably ok... But it sounds like you are like many others here who will have to wait in the window and then test to know for sure...

Buy the way was this girl from Asia? If so when you get tested test for HIV 1 and HIV 2.

Ciao and goodluck my friend... We shall stay in touch in this chat room on your posting...

Good Luck...

T-Bone

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101600 - 07/16/04 04:33 PM

Condom use prevents transmission if the hooker did have it. Your symptoms likely have nothing to do with HIV. Probably should stop seeing sex workers though if you are that worried.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1585

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3