Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Am I infected? Any ideas?
      #101109 - 07/10/04 03:08 PM

OK, it's been over a month, and no symptoms (other than insomnia, lack of appetite, and jaw/neck/back pain) that can't be attributed to stress, plus a somewhat low risk encounter (precum on open wound and the guy fingering me after he was masturbating with a little bit of precum on his hand maybe and sucking without him cumming/ingesting precum)

I think I'm gonna be negative, what do you all think?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Am I infected? Any ideas? new
      #101110 - 07/10/04 05:12 PM

Does anyone know if this lack of hunger is a temporary thing, like can it come and go within a day i.e. you'll be really not hungry and the thought of food doesn't appeal, then you'll get a rumble in the jungle and you'll feel like you can eat 99 white castles (but you know better b/c you'll have diarrhea the next day for sure then and that will just freak you out even worse than you were before)

Jess
Unregistered

#101116 - 07/10/04 07:57 PM

I think the risk would be quite low. HIV virus can not live outside of the body, so with his hand being exposed to air, the virus wasn't able to survive. But if you didn't have any unprotected vaginal or anal sex, you should be fine. But if you feel worried, just have a test after about 6-12 weeks after possible exposure. They recomment 12 weeks, but 8 weeks is a great indication of what the 12 wk result would be. IF you can't wait that long, you can try PCR testing which is more expensive and can give out false positives. It is not FDA approved, so maybe just wait out 8 weeks. But I don't think there is cause for concern. You just might be under stress and that is why you are experiencing those symptoms or the mind is playing tricks on you (it can do that you know!) Good luck and stay safe!- Jess

Original Poster
Unregistered

#101122 - 07/10/04 10:22 PM

Jess--I don't know of your qualifications, but the open wound was located in a warm moist place and wasn't washed for a few hours. He fingered my rectum though and may have had pre-semen on his hand (not sure.) I've been getting headaches recently and neck aches, but that may be b/c I've been having problems sleeping as of late. I sure hope I come out negative. Either way, I'm pretty sure that I'm not over that 3% statistic that keeps popping up. No fever above 99 degrees in the past 5 weeks, so that's a good thing I bet. I have noticed pain in my groin and armpit and neck, but I think that may just be due to my constant feelling for nodes. I read you had to go deep to find some of them, and I fear I went too deep. But at any rate, at 5 weeks I shouldn't worry too much about ARS symptoms just popping up, right? Thanks

Jess
Unregistered

#101125 - 07/10/04 11:03 PM

There has been some research that the HIV virus can be found in precum, but I don't think there is too much to worry about since he didn't exactly cum inside of you and the virus cannot live outside the body(you said he used his hand which had to be exposed to air). But like I said before, don't try and use the symptoms to diagnose yourself. Headaches can come from anywhere- stress, hunger, you name it. The headache and neckaches sounds like a tension or migraine headache to me. Those come on with stress and you porbably have been stressing yourself. But since there may be a small chance of trasmission, test at about 6-8 weeks which can give you a good indication of what your 12 week result will be. The most common and researched way of transmission of the disease is unprotected vaginal and anal sex, sharing needles, and some think unprotected oral carries a risk (lower than the actual unprotected act of sex, but still carries a risk). I think you will be fine. Talk to your physican about testing and tell him about your risk. Good luck and stay safe. -Jess

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101313 - 07/12/04 08:52 PM

Sounds like you are going to be ok..

Good luck
The Cat Man

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1711

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3