Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lymph nodes or fat--seriously
      #101080 - 07/09/04 10:15 PM

I've gained some weight in the past few years and when feeling for my lymph nodes I can't tell (especially in groin or arm pit) whether I'm feeling fat or a node. do they feel the same? If they do feel the same how can you or your doctor tell the difference. How big do the swollen lymph nodes in this area get supposedly.

Thanks for any help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
PJG-SFO
Unregistered

Re: Lymph nodes or fat--seriously new
      #101084 - 07/09/04 10:49 PM

This is a similar concern that I have had previously, as an overweight guy. Many lumps and bumps that we have in these areas can just be minor muscle strains, and in many cases are nothing to worry about.

If you are concerned, I would suggest seeing your healthcare provider and discussing your concerns: your healthcare provider, regardless of your body size, will be able to detect swollen lymph nodes.

Lymph nodes can vary in size, and any larger than pea-sized lymph nodes might need checking out. What is important to remember is that continually palpating your lymph nodes can cause them to become irritated and swollen, so its best not to continually examine them.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101106 - 07/10/04 12:58 PM

Anyone else know? The reason I ask is that I can feel the same kind of tissue (assuming adipose I hope) on the lateral aspect of my leg as well as the medial, as well as around the inguinal ligament, as well as half way between my navel and penis (and around my umbilicus etc.) So, I'm hoping it's just fat and the pain I'm feeling is from me pressing too hard into it. This anxiety needs to end! I'm waiting for the 3 month mark to test. Just under 2 months to go. If at 5 weeks I haven't really have any real ARS symptoms (no fever, no apparently lumps in the armpit and groin that are greater than 1-2 cm) and statistically I'm not at that high of a risk I guess, so I think I should just forget about this whole thing until early september when I can discover if I'm lucky (i.e. negative.)

Anyway, sorry for rambling, I'll pray for y'all and hope for the best (even if you don't believe it will help)

Eli
Unregistered

I am I okay? new
      #101126 - 07/10/04 11:15 PM

It has been four years since I had unprotected sex with a guy. About seven months later, I came down with the flu. My mom told me it was because I take showers every morning and I'm making myself suseptible to germs. Plus the virus was going around in my school. (I'm 20 now). Ever since then I have been scared to even try to have sex with any other guy. I used to fall asleep crying all the time because I was so terrified. My mom told me that if it's been four years and I haven't had any unexplained sicknesses, then I should be okay. (She does a little research on this) Is she right?

Eli
Unregistered

#101127 - 07/10/04 11:16 PM

It has been four years since I had unprotected sex with a guy. About seven months later, I came down with the flu. My mom told me it was because I take showers every morning and I'm making myself suseptible to germs. Plus the virus was going around in my school. (I'm 20 now). Ever since then I have been scared to even try to have sex with any other guy. I used to fall asleep crying all the time because I was so terrified. My mom told me that if it's been four years and I haven't had any unexplained sicknesses, then I should be okay. (She does a little research on this) Is she right?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101490 - 07/15/04 04:40 AM

Wait for your test, In the meantime be safe and relax you are most likely 99.9999% ok the rst is just fear.

Stay safe.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1950

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3