Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Jazz
Unregistered

I'm so sick of idiots on this site
      #101076 - 07/09/04 09:46 PM

I am so sick of idiots coming onto this site posting things to scare people. This is in response to the "believe your symptoms and not the test" BULL!! Today's technolgy goes through extensive measures to ensure accurate results. If you have taken ELISA, PCRs, and P24 test, WBs, HIV-2 tests together or either 2 in conjunction, I think that should say you are well. For example- PCR and HIV-1 and HIV-2 test. If all are negative, I think its safe to say-- you don't have it. Either the antibodies are there or either the virus is in the DNA.These stories of the people with HIV neg AIDS are probably from them not taking their antibody testing when they had possible exposure and letting the disease progress to where it couldn't show up in antibody tests after years (that where PCR and other extensive testing like cell count comes in) So for you people who have nothing better to do then scare people, get a life. This is a board for support so take your bogus information and STUFF it!!! People are coming here for support and help and you prey off of their worries and try and make them feel worse then they could possibly be. Get a life and stop trying to hurt people!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I'm so sick of idiots on this site new
      #101093 - 07/10/04 03:57 AM

Well said! This infection is largely asymptomatic so what is thaere to believe in?????

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101101 - 07/10/04 10:08 AM

hi i was wondering about your statement about antibodies i thought you would have them forever and you said they might not be there if hiv had been in many years ,i was tested and neg, but have strange things going on and think it might be hiv and i dont show antiodies, i also was tested pcr and it detected less than 400 which i was told by lab that is the lowest level there test goes, so im still worried, swollen groin arm pit back of neck lower calf really swollen doc cant explain except to say inflamation really dont know what to do get headaches, tired too told i need physcial therapy for the joints this has been a slow processs at getting to this point .well thanks for the help

Jazz
Unregistered

#101105 - 07/10/04 11:06 AM

When HIV progresses into the AIDs disease, the body loses it ability to produce antibodies, which fight off infectons. That is why when pople who have AIDs get a case of the flu, they can die because there is nothing there to fight it off and the body is basically defenseless. So you understand, when a indiviual has HIV and doesn't get the antibody test and just lets the diesease grows, antibodies produce and produce and finally they get so low that any kind of slight infection can make a person very sick and that is when the PCR and other extensive tests as the RNA, P24 and cell count comes into use. So if you had your antibody test after the window period, I believe you are fine. Even if you did have sex with someone with AIDs, the antibodies would have to start producing and would show up on a ELISA, PCR, RNA..either its in your DNA or blood or its not there. If you still believe there is a problem talk to your doctor. As for the headaches, anything can cause them..maybe the stress of the testing and thinking you have HIV? the swollen armpits, a small infection..maybe allergy to the deoderant, maybe you rubbed it on too hard, maybe after shaving you put on deaderant and it clogged up some pores? Do not use symptoms to diagnose yourself. You spoke to your doctor and he said you are fine. Belive him!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

look in the mirror new
      #101108 - 07/10/04 02:41 PM

its scarier not to talk about it.

Jazz
Unregistered

Re: look in the mirror new
      #101113 - 07/10/04 07:41 PM

I guess you must be one of the idiots I'm talking about. Its easier for you to scare people then go out and find something productive to do.

Anonymous
Unregistered

am i infected new
      #101129 - 07/10/04 11:28 PM

molluscom, oral hairy leukplakia, low tcells, cancerous cells-i have them all. you beter believe im going to ? my NEG tests (6wks-yrs out) because somethign doesnt add up. i'm NEG (so im told). who wants to have sex w me?

Anonymous
Unregistered

last 2 guys are sick new
      #101202 - 07/11/04 03:54 PM

ive passed the antibody tests. ive passed the WB. If you willing to take the chance that i am the "cleanest" person on this earth, just name me a time and a place and well have condomless sex. I wouldnt sleep with me! how certain are you in your advice?

Anonymous
Unregistered

YOU ARE WRONG! new
      #101207 - 07/11/04 06:02 PM

Im here to support the people you are failing. I am no a denialist. hiv=aids. something is spreading that it going undetected by tests. i would like to create a better test,hows that bad karma? if you want to take this offline I will break you with the overwhelming FACTS of my acquired illness causing immune suppression. do not call someone an idiot unless you are prepared to receive it -where your karma?

MY2CENT
Unregistered

#101241 - 07/11/04 11:39 PM

My2CENT - Read my story "I am a link in a chain of sick people" (dated June 11, 2004). Jess, if are trully prepared to hear my story email me at lemonfoundation@yahoo.com and I am more than happy to share it with you, as I am currently trying to get a media outlet to pick it up.

I agree there's a lot of bul*sh*t on this site. But, it is not supplied by me! I supply only the facts, provided by the most progressive research facilities in this country (namely Hopkins & AMFAR). I quote it all. Why? because I talk to these folks every day of my life.

I repeat, if youre looking for bad karma, you need to look inside yourself, because, knowing my personal situation, I am trying to help other people who come here for information. A place, where I came a year and a half ago and I was let down by what I found. If you want to vent, take it someone of the clueless posters on this site.

Edited by TheBody (11/30/07 04:11 PM)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1942

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3