Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

believe your symptoms not your HIV test
      #101028 - 07/09/04 10:14 AM

read this:

http://www.thebody.com/apla/aug99/kimberly.html

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Read this one. new
      #101030 - 07/09/04 10:45 AM

http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=infected&Number=99796&Forum=infected&Words=i%20am%20a%20link&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=99796&Search=true#Post99796

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: believe your symptoms not your HIV test new
      #101031 - 07/09/04 11:05 AM

i have been researching for the last year since i started getting sick, i have no confidence what so ever in HIV tests, whether they are antibody or PCR. i have had repeated negative tests all while my cd4's have been dropping and am getting OI's. The doctors think they are doing the right thing telling people they are negative and to believe there tests, this at least saves stress and its what people want to hear. They feel they are justified in telling people they are negative because they test negative, its the easy thing to say. But its not right and can cost lives.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101037 - 07/09/04 02:08 PM

The worrying thing about this is, this person was not selected for interview because she tested negative despite having aids. She was randomly selected for the article and can be considered a typical HIV case.
God knows how many people have died without being diagnosed due to innaccurate testing and naive doctors.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101039 - 07/09/04 02:46 PM

hi,
so wat does one do when we hear of cases like this?? If an antibody test is repeatedly negative , even after a rare strain testing one would obviously assume that they're negative..but if symptoms still continue its killing. I'm jus trying to believe that I'm HIV negative despite my symptoms ( i wrote in the earlier post- I'm wrecking my life) coz my bf tests consistently negative.. and then i read about this kinda stuff and there i go again... absolutely driving myself insane..
Dutchman pls tell me wat do u have to say about this..u'r assuring words are wat i look forward to everyday!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101040 - 07/09/04 02:48 PM

hey experts!!
wat do u think was wrong with this womans case?? wrong testing ?? or jus that Elisa and WBs are not to be trusted?
pls answer

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101041 - 07/09/04 03:13 PM

i read your post, and it sounds remarkabley similar to my case.
the first thing i noticed was a pain in my ear, start of a mild ear infection which i have to this day ,I had tingling hands and feet, a lowegrade fever for a few weeks. my tounge had a white coating, and have a very mild yeast infection (only im a guy).
I tested myself and my gf 8 times over the last 10 months, all negative.
Im starting to doubt the accuracy of the tests.

WhoCares
Unregistered

#101042 - 07/09/04 03:36 PM

The sounds shady.

She is screwing a bi-sexual guy, in 1993, WITHOUT A CONDOM, then devestated to find out she has HIV, and NOW wants to blame the tests.

From 93 - 96 she probably screwed this guy, and lord knows whoelse, without a condom. She might have been infected in the last stage of her relationship.

If you want to be POZ, then fine. Test your life away. You shouldn't have had unprotected sex to begin with.

Whatever!!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101061 - 07/09/04 05:29 PM

ppl pls stop cut pasting info like this!! as if there wasnt enuff to worry about now we have to worry whether results are accurate or not..
all the efforts of ppl like dutchman Dj, G man etc on WWs go to waste ..lets jus pray that a negative result is definate negative.. or theres no way out..

D.J.
Unregistered

#101062 - 07/09/04 05:32 PM

Well their you go, someone post a story on the Net and all rush to believe it as if it is the absolute truth. No futher investigation, no critical thinking but the absolute truth. Look there are billions of people on this planet and you can always find someone that doesn't fit. Now this case [if true] was in 93/98 testing including PCR has taken a quantum leap since then. Who knows what test were given or under what cercumstances. Testing today is very accurate except for a small percentage of you who need to have this disease.

riddlemethis....
Unregistered

What's the harm in ?ing the test's validity? new
      #101064 - 07/09/04 05:47 PM

We didn't even know about HIV until the 1980's. So, we invented a HIV1 test, only to find there is a HIV2. So, we invented a HIV2 only to find out there is a HIV-O. Why are we so ignorant to think there couldn't be another strain...for which we should be making another test...it only makes sense. It makes sense that you can predict the future by looking at the past. According to Barlett and Gallant (Hopkins) Group N is another recognized strain that "may be positive on WB".....or even yet another mutuation?!? What is the harm in us questioning the validity of the tests? What makes us think the tests and the doctors are GOD?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#101066 - 07/09/04 05:54 PM

http://www.robertogiraldo.com/eng/papers/EveryoneTestsPositive.html

Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV-NEGATIVE AIDS? new
      #101068 - 07/09/04 06:05 PM

http://www.aegis.com/pubs/gmhc/1992/GM060803.html

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV-NEGATIVE AIDS? new
      #101069 - 07/09/04 06:18 PM

Oh My God!!!!!!!! Why am I even reading this... DJ thanks for u'r post.. THATS MY FINAL TRUTH AND NOTHING ELSE!

Anonymous
Unregistered

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE 1992...READ THIS!
      #101070 - 07/09/04 06:25 PM

http://www.autoimmune.com/Non-HIVAIDSGen.html

Did you think this problem is new? Maybe it's been ignored for the past 14 years.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6981

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3