Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

im so terrified
      #10065 - 09/25/00 06:19 PM

6 weeks ago i had a grinding experience, i have read the facts and know the low chances of hiv, but in the 3 week i developed a sore throat and lymphnodes swelling in my groin. This is what has me petrified. Teh pain only lasted 3 days, but after reading the post from "stupid" its has terrified me completely to unliviable levels. i dont know what to do i will take the test tommorrow and im petrified. Thanks for listening.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mental_case
Guardian

Reged: 08/20/00
Re: im so terrified new
      #10068 - 09/25/00 06:58 PM

boy do i know how you feel,
were you exposed? did genitals have contact?
try to relax i know exactly what you are going thru because i did the same thing with a stripper i have talked to many of the hotlines in fact i have basically used them as sleeping pills because of my fears. the lines have all said that this is low risk for hiv and not to scare you but a high risk for other std's which may be what is causing your symptoms and you should be tested for.
i know from experience . believe me.
..........mc

Anonymous
Unregistered

#10072 - 09/25/00 07:08 PM

Yes the genitals had contact an even with my butt im afraid there were some precum on the outside of my but i dont know It was just some rubbing. I thought it was safe. Boy How dumb i was!

mental_case
Guardian

#10074 - 09/25/00 08:03 PM

sorry i have been looking around for more info for you silly me assumed this was a hetero act not that it makes a difference but now i can narrow it down . i know of some "docking" posts out there i think that is going to be a little more helpful.
also you said you may have gotten precum on the outside of your butt "that is ok!" in the butt is something else.
let me find the other post for you ....mc

mental_case
Guardian

#10075 - 09/25/00 08:07 PM

ok here it is i hope it helps anything else let me know i am glad to help ...mc

here are a few of the Q & A of grinding: I've heard of gay men practicing a term called docking, which is grinding two penis's together. With a hetrosexual version of this, is to grind the penis against the vigina without having intercourse. I've recently done this with a high risk women, but I did not do it for a long period of time, maybe one minute. Should I be concerned?

Mr. Sowadsky's Response:

Thank you for your question:

"Grinding" involves direct genital-to-genital contact (or direct genital-to-anal contact) without penetration. This can involve direct penis-to-penis contact, penis-to-anus contact, or penis-to-vagina contact. This activity is normally low risk for HIV, since this would not be an efficient transmission of the virus. Realistically speaking, it would be unlikely that you would be infected with HIV from this activity. However, several other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can be transmitted through genital or anal grinding, including (but not limited to) herpes, genital/anal warts, and syphilis (especially if your partner is having symptoms of these diseases). So although grinding is low risk for HIV, there is a potential risk for other STDs.
here is another:

Ryan Kull's Response:
The act of someone rubbing or grinding their penis against your anus is considered to be very low risk. Grinding will vary from person to person (it shouldn't involve a great deal of semen or blood or any kind of insertion), and it really depends on the amount of fluids exchanged.
hope it helps...mc

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Thanks MC new
      #10095 - 09/26/00 09:48 AM

Thanck you MC you have a way to make people feel better. My terrified state is just that i had all those suymptoms and they went away. Thats whats scares me.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Took the test new
      #10116 - 09/26/00 05:39 PM

Im so scared its the 6 weeks mark!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2065

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3