Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Kiltedone
Regular

Reged: 06/19/04
Hoe Gaat Het Met Jou Dutchman?
      #100156 - 06/19/04 08:13 PM

Hoe gaat het met jou? and thats as far as a scotsman's duch goes. Well since you are europian and I like dutch beer, its like the belgin stuff only when you are in a pub you dont feel as bored, thought you might want to co0nverse with me regarding the HIV risk, none risk i placed my self at.. give me a shout if you can help me out.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dutchman
Unregistered

Re: Dank je, het gaat goed met mij new
      #100167 - 06/20/04 07:45 AM

Hello Kiltedone,

For all the non-Dutch speakers here: "hoe gaat het met jou" means "how are you doing" in this Heineken-beer-brewing country. Although i must confess i hardly remember how does it taste because i don't drink much beer, and if i do i like a white beer. But well i'm fine, thank you. I'm still here and reading this forum every now and then. But because something else needs my attention right now, i don't have enough time to react on as many posts as i actually want. Because English is not my mother-language answering a question often takes about half an our or more. But gladly, there are superb people out here who do so good job and are well informed. Personally i have lots of respect for Chiquilla, who is so perfectionistic, sensitive and kind together with all her answers. It's not hard to see that for work she is also active in helping to deal with peoples´ problems.

About you now. I read the post from you which is underneath this one (and i searched also on the words "cotton socks" on the Dr. Bob section, but couldn't find your question.) Although your posts do sound funny (have you considered to become the new Chic Murray), you´ll understand i cannot give much comment because you give not a lot of information. You say low risk exposure, what was it exactly? I understand it was 4 weeks ago? Maybe you can give the URL of the question and answer Dr. Bob gave you. Post some more information and i will write back. In the meantime don´t poke on your lymph nodes. Remember when you are focussed on your body very much, there is always something new you will find. It is meaningless.

Best regards,
Dutchman

Anonymous
Unregistered

#100185 - 06/20/04 03:33 PM

Hey Dutchman,

Lekker

My exposure was basically 2 way unprotected oral with an unknown status woman, in a high risk country.... (Keep going south through the sandy bit stop at the tropics) yes good old west Africa, if the mozzies don’t get you the local women will!!!! Joke, in bad taste but there you go... sardonic humour is what’s keeping me going.... Like I say Good Old Doc Bob kind of puts things in perspective (Have noticed though that he likes good spelling and a rye turn of phrase). Anyway, after my exposure or non-exposure was ok about the whole thing. Hell the UK has good sex education programs at school, or at least mine did. So though "licked her out she sucked me off for a while, had a rubber on for the incentive vaginal bit, not much to worry about" BUT then the little demons started to creep in..... come on folks you know the onmes .... The WHAT IF demon is a head f**k a right little Kut (or pose if you're Afrikaans) also the WHAY DO WOMEN OLY FNCEY YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T Have THEM demon is a little bugger

Had all the night sweats x 2 on consecutive nights 3 weeks in to it... no lymph node swelling despite my poking ( put the sweats down the a high tog duvet and a couple of warm nights) .

With respect to my posts to the highly regarded DOC BOB, Time to take your advice, and Doc Bob, you have something against kilts were my contributions to the discussion.

Thank for getting back to me, it's nice to know there are some people out there that give a shit about you. Even if all the trouble and strife is in, for the most part, our minds.

Goed dag ( Only know a fewe dutch words, so help me out here)

Kiltedone

Oh and If i find my way down to holland i'll buy you a pint too, yes for a limited time only I am buying my sympathy with pints, come one come all, lets get drunk.

Dutchman
Unregistered

#100189 - 06/20/04 04:27 PM

Hello Kiltedone,

If the woman was not in her period nor you had a wound in your mouth, than the unprotected oral part of the sex was virtually no risk for HIV. If you weared a latex condom during the whole vaginal sex and it did not break or slip off than this part of the sex was safe for HIV also.

If all the mentioned things did not happen, the chances to catch HIV with this encounter are almost impossible to nil. Have you seen that dr. Bob recently stated that he is convinced all the posters (most of them mean they experience symptoms of ARS, the early HIV symptoms) who asked his vision on the risk of a unprotected oral and protected vaginal sex, afterwards get a negative result. It demonstrates how safe is safer sex, altough there always will be a few exceptions because of exceptional circumstances.

If you keep worrying consider a HIV-test (at a point when you'll believe a negative result, somewhere between 6 and 12 weeks with a newer test,) but from what you told you can be quite confident on a good outcome. In the meantime don't escape in too much alcohol please. Chances are a thousand times bigger that alcohol will make someone ill than he will get HIV from protected sex. For oral sex by the way you should wear a condom next time also because you can get other STD's this way. Be wise and keep it cool. You'll be OK.

Best regards,
Dutchman

Kiltedone
Regular

Reged: 06/19/04
      #100193 - 06/20/04 06:49 PM

Cheers Dutchman,

Like always it takes a person to state the obvious to let in sink into your brain. For your info, the risk of other STD's was understood by me and i got the all clear from an STD screening a few weeks back... Can I say for all other lads, have a rubber on for a BJ, the cotton bud test is just as freaky as any others..... Just as a side line in this... If you are sexually active , even if you dont think you are at risj everyone should be screened for "The run of the mill" SDT's on a regular basis.

Cheers again... hope to continue the dialog

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1962

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3