Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Announcements >> Classifieds

Pages: 1
Kelly
Unregistered

Biomedical ethics
      #80 - 03/29/00 12:15 AM

I am an undergrad working on a biomedical ethics paper about AIDS/HIV+ disclosure. I would appreciate any input that anyone has on the matter. I would like to know how people feel about this issue. Who do you feels needs to know about HIV status? Does anyone out there know if there are any legal documents besides Bill AB 2287, that concer disclosure? Looking for help!!!

Thanks all!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anne Correll
Unregistered

Re: Biomedical ethics new
      #81 - 03/29/00 12:16 AM

I would like to say as a R.N. that I think health care workers should be privy to HIV/aids positive status. As a person who had a needlestick exposure while in her 4th month of pregnancy I think if there is any question there should be an HIV test. Yes I know about universal precautions and all of that, but I would like to know for sure if a person was HIV positive. That is my thought. I am also working on a ethics position paper regarding HIV confidentiality and heath care workers. I would also love some insight

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Biomedical ethics new
      #82 - 03/29/00 12:16 AM

No I am unaware of any, but this site maybe helpful, I hope. Yahoo has alot of material. I; however, as a nurse, believe that we health care team members will use universal precautions and ONLY if there is a needle stick, should we know the diagnosis. As a charge nurse once, I found that whenever we knew of a potentially life threatening disease, we were more prone to accidential needle sticks...oops just shakey thinking about missing, I guess. Good Luck. I would like to know any feedback of what you found. dharrison@unicomp.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2887

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement