Senior Associate - International Programs
#55690 - 01/23/03 11:57 AM
National Association of People with AIDS (NAPWA), USA
Senior Associate - International Programs
Program position responsible for developing and implementing partnership
and technical assistance activities with PWA organizations in the
Caribbean, Africa and other parts of the world.
NAPWA works to combat the HIV/AIDS epidemic by advocating for the needs of people living with HIV/AIDS and by promoting the active engagement and
leadership of people living with HIV/AIDS . This position advances those goals through meaningful partnerships with PWA groups in the Caribbean and
Africa, building stronger PWA leadership in those areas and in the United States.
- Serve as lead staff member in implementing NAPWA partnership with Caribbean PWA organizations, work in conjunction with Director of International Activities in all elements of that partnership
- Assess training and organizational development needs of partner organizations
- Work with partners and NAPWA staff to develop and deliver training and technical assistance activities and materials, including assisting planning of such meetings, facilitating, and making presentations
- Provide one-on-one technical assistance to PWA organizations
- Assist partner PWA organizations in identifying and networking with potential donors of funds and other resources
- Assist in maintaining communication with PWA organizations in program countries and elsewhere as the need arises, including a monthly communiqué
to partner organizations and individuals
- Develop and maintain a database of global partners
- Produce reports documenting program activities
- Assist in the activities of the Global Network of People Living with AIDS - North America (GNP+NA)
- Represent NAPWA at external meetings as the need arises
- Other duties as required for development of effective international programs
- Minimum of three years experience working in HIV/AIDS, preferably in direct work with PWA organizations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experienced and skilled in delivery of training and technical assistance
- Work experience in resource-poor environments (preferably the Caribbean) highly desired
- Language skills highly valued (preferably French or Creole, alternatively, Spanish, Portuguese or Creole. Swahili, or other relevant languages spoken in the Caribbean or Africa)
- Knowledge of and commitment to PWA organizing efforts
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Proven ability to work cross-culturally and with diverse constituencies
- Familiarity with organizational development and community organizing principles
This position is based in NAPWA's offices in downtown Washington, D.C. and involves frequent travel and meetings outside the office. It requires
frequent appointments and meetings within the Washington D.C.-metropolitan
area, limited travel in the United States, and frequent travel abroad, especially in the Caribbean area. The job involves working in a fast-paced and demanding environment, with the need to successfully balance multiple projects and responsibilities, working closely with an exciting and diverse workforce, and interacting with diverse external partners and
constituents. The position offers a competitive non-profit salary and excellent benefits package, including health and dental insurance, and
generous vacation and leave.
NAPWA strives to create to diverse workplace, free from discrimination,
valuing the experiences and perspectives of those who work here, and representing the wide range of the HIV/AIDS epidemic. People living with HIV/AIDS, women, people of color, young people and others traditionally underrepresented in the field are encouraged to apply.
Applications (including cover letter, resumé, and writing sample) can be sent electronically to: email@example.com or by mail to: NAPWA, 1413 K Street NW #800, Washington, DC 20005, Attn: Employment. NO CALLS PLEASE!
Naisiadet Mason, MPH
Director of International Programs
The National Association of People with AIDS
1413 K Street
Washington, DC 20005-3442
Tel: (202) 898-0414 ext. 108
Fax: (202) 898-0435
The National Association of People with AIDS advocates on behalf of people living with HIV and AIDS in order to end the pandemic and the human suffering caused by AIDS.
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1505