Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Announcements >> Classifieds

Pages: 1
Anabel

Reged: 07/07/11
Please help me out with my research!!!
      #256469 - 07/07/11 09:48 AM

Hello,

My name is Anabel Mifsud and I am a graduate student reading for an MSc in Health Psychology at the University College London. As part of my course of studies, I am conducting a research study on peer support groups for persons affected by HIV/AIDS. The title of my research project is "Asymmetric or Complementary Approaches to Social Support? Comparing Experiences within Face-to-Face and Online Support Groups for Persons Living with HIV/AIDS".

The objective of the study is to understand better the experiences of persons living with HIV/AIDS within face-to-face and online support groups. Therefore I am currently looking for persons affected by HIV/AIDS who are 18 years of age or older and have been involved an online support group / online forum / chat room for the past three months and who are willing to share their experience with me by answering a few questions. This will only take about 45 minutes of your time.

The study will contribute toward a better understanding of the benefits of these two types of social support groups for persons living with HIV/AIDS. The findings from the study could be used to improve the support services available to persons affected by HIV/AIDS and to inform healthcare professionals when recommending support options to persons having HIV/AIDS. Your involvement in the study will be an important contribution towards ameliorating social support for persons with HIV/AIDS.

The study has been approved by the UCL Research Ethics Committee (Project ID Number: 2893/001). Throughout the course of the study the research team will follow strict standards of ethical conduct.

Participation in the study is entirely voluntary. Informed consent will be sought from all those interested to take part in the study. All the information that is provided by the participants during the course of the study will be kept strictly confidential and will be only used for the purpose of the study. At the end of the study all the participants will be provided with a summary report of the findings.

If you are interested to take part in the study or if you have any questions, you can get in touch with me either by replying to this message or by sending me an email on anabel.mifsud.10@ucl.ac.uk. Contacting me does not commit you to participate.

I would be very grateful for any help that you could give me for my study.

Kind regards,

Anabel Mifsud
Graduate Student MSc Health Psychology
Department of Epidemiology & Public Health
University College London

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 650

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement