Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Announcements >> Classifieds

Pages: 1
col2011

Reged: 11/12/10
HELP SOMEONE BY SHARING YOUR STORY
      #253325 - 11/28/10 06:15 PM

Hi everyone,

I am currently a student at Columbia Journalism School in New York City, and for the 30th anniversary of AIDS in the U.S., my goal is to write a 7,000-word Romeo-and-Juliet-like story about HIV (similar to a story you might find in the "New Yorker" magazine), using one of you as a character. You all have fascinating experiences that could prevent thousands, if not millions, of young people from getting HIV. I want to put readers in your shoes, take them through your past relationships and to where you are today.

This story will not be boring, dry or science-driven; it will be an accurate, engaging piece of journalism about you. We will work together as a team to help you tell your story.

Please contact me if you would like to participate and meet the following criteria:

-Have some connection to New York City

-Got HIV through sexual intercourse with a partner of the opposite sex

-Know which partner your HIV came from

-Would be willing to be interviewed for about 20 hours over the next month

I would be glad to sit down with you, at a location of your choice, and listen to your story.

If you're interested, please send me a message by Monday, Dec. 6 that says I'm interested,” and I will send you my contact information.

If you're not interested but would still like to help me, please tell me where I might be able to find some HIV-positive people in New York City who are willing to share their stories. Also, I would love to hear any feedback on ways I can improve the story idea or make it more reflective of the HIV/AIDS community.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Brent

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mariahiv1111

Reged: 12/04/10
Re: HELP SOMEONE BY SHARING YOUR STORY new
      #253403 - 12/04/10 06:55 PM

hello my name is maria and I am interested...I am in the miami area..actually I have been brainstorming myself to write a book about being hiv/aids for almost 20 years..being a survivor...got infected when I was a teen I am 37 years old now..so would like to know a little more about your plan...you can email me at mariahiiv1111@yahoo.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1527

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement