International Program Officer
#11859 - 11/03/00 12:41 PM
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
International Program Officer
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation seeks an international
Program Officer to administer our growing programs in developing
countries. These programs are focused on operational research,
implementation, and training aimed at reducing mother-to-child transmissio
of HIV in developing countries. Primary responsibility will be coordinatio
of Call to Action Project (CTA).
The Program Officer will:
* Interface closely with Scientific Director and Executive Committee on
design, management, and evaluation of CTA program.
* Interact and negotiate with local and international NGOs, Ministries of
Health, and major international organizations to develop collaborations an
* Cultivate new sites for the CTA, including increasing awareness of the
program with other agencies.
* Work with sites to develop CTA applications to ensure completeness and
likelihood of success.
* Work with sites to obtain contingencies before CTA awards are made.
* Interface with local governments and relevant agencies to achieve a
mutual understanding of CTA program and to avoid duplication.
* Work with agencies and companies on drug registration, test kit prices,
and other diagnostics
* Oversee and coordinate monitoring and evaluation of CTA program,
including managing sub-contracts and consultants.
* Perform or oversee site visits to each location twice yearly. Maintain
at least monthly contact with the CTA sites via phone or e-mail
* Ensure that CTA progress reports are received in a timely manner.
* Maintain relationship with local governments to gauge momentum toward
adoption of the CTA program in local settings.
* Work with successful CTA sites to expand the program to other sites in
* Prepare monthly activity reports on the status of the Call to Action
sites and potential awardees. Responsible for quarterly reports to the CT
* Facilitate or coordinate training at site if needed.
Masters of Public Health required. Relevant experience in health program
design, management, evaluation or operations research in developing
countries required, preferably related to maternal and child health care.
Significant experience in workplan development, program planning and
training desired. Demonstrated ability to interact and negotiate
effectively with local and international NGOs, Ministries of Health, and
major international organizations required. Familiarity with NGO capacity
building and current issues in family planning, reproductive health, child
survival, and HIV desired. Experience in conducting or coordinating field
research strongly desired. Field experience in Africa a must. Excellent
interpersonal and team building skills with demonstrated ability to work i
a collaborative environment. Excellent verbal and written communications
skills a plus. Ability to travel up to 30 percent, primarily
Fax resume and salary requirements to Katherine at (310) 452-3339. No
phone calls please.
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess, kicker
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1306