Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Announcements >> Classifieds

Pages: 1
Amanda Blum
Unregistered

Does your ASO need FREE design work?
      #110757 - 08/24/04 09:00 PM

Dear Friends,

Many years ago we had “A Day without Art” to raise awareness of the HIV/AIDS epidemic by cloaking artwork, darkening galleries and closing museums. I felt the time had come to change our perogative. Now that we have awareness, its time to create a day WITH art.

Every day those working in AIDS Service Organizations (ASO’s) are educating, testing, counseling and treating those with HIV/AIDS and their family members. Without their hard work and talent, one can only imagine what HIV/AIDS would be like in America. Its heartbreaking to see people working so hard, only to have dollars that could go to people and programs that need it go instead to overhead.

I recognize that as U2 frontman Bono has said “AIDS is the defining moral issue of our generation” and that whatever I can do, whether as a designer, American, or human being is essential to the fight. In 2003, I decided I would use my talent to make sure that American ASO’s never had to take themselves or their dollars away from the essential fight they’re engaged in to deal with design work, whether that be advertising, web design, collateral material, branding, t shirt design and anything else one can create.

The idea is really simple. On December 1, you commit to a 24 hour design a thon from your office or home. ASO’s from all over the country will have project requests and we will design until midnight, December 2nd to complete them. You talents and skills will be matched with a project, and you’ll have contact with the ASO prior to December 1st to ask questions, get samples, get an idea of what they’re looking for and what you can provide. All work is completely free of charge to our ASO’s.

On World AIDS Day, you’ll be asked to darken your website, turn off their phones, and instead direct your web visitors to the clients you’ll be helping, or perhaps to keep a diary of what you’re doing for people to read.

Designers all over the globe have responded, and in our first year, we successfully helped ASO’s all over the country with new websites, ad campaigns, logos, invitations and even bike jerseys. This year, we hope to double our efforts, with more ASO’s on board, and more designers willing to help.

World AIDS Day 2004 is just around the corner, so we are now soliciting ASO’s across the country for projects they’d like completed. While ASO’s are not obligated to utilize any of our designs, our expectation is that they are in need of these services and enter with the expectation of using them.

If you feel this is a project you’d like to participate in, please contact me via email, phone or fax to discuss your involvement. To see more about what we accomplished last year, please visit howlingzoe.com/darkforaday

Sincerely,
Amanda Blum
Howling Zoe Productions
darkforaday@howlingzoe.com
p. 602-795-7752
f. 866-332-2734
howlingzoe.com/darkforaday

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Does your ASO need FREE design work? new
      #112670 - 10/12/04 01:03 AM

[quote]
Dear Friends,

Many years ago we had “A Day without Art” to raise awareness of the HIV/AIDS epidemic by cloaking artwork, darkening galleries and closing museums. I felt the time had come to change our perogative. Now that we have awareness, its time to create a day WITH art.

Every day those working in AIDS Service Organizations (ASO’s) are educating, testing, counseling and treating those with HIV/AIDS and their family members. Without their hard work and talent, one can only imagine what HIV/AIDS would be like in America. Its heartbreaking to see people working so hard, only to have dollars that could go to people and programs that need it go instead to overhead.

I recognize that as U2 frontman Bono has said “AIDS is the defining moral issue of our generation” and that whatever I can do, whether as a designer, American, or human being is essential to the fight. In 2003, I decided I would use my talent to make sure that American ASO’s never had to take themselves or their dollars away from the essential fight they’re engaged in to deal with design work, whether that be advertising, web design, collateral material, branding, t shirt design and anything else one can create.

The idea is really simple. On December 1, you commit to a 24 hour design a thon from your office or home. ASO’s from all over the country will have project requests and we will design until midnight, December 2nd to complete them. You talents and skills will be matched with a project, and you’ll have contact with the ASO prior to December 1st to ask questions, get samples, get an idea of what they’re looking for and what you can provide. All work is completely free of charge to our ASO’s.

On World AIDS Day, you’ll be asked to darken your website, turn off their phones, and instead direct your web visitors to the clients you’ll be helping, or perhaps to keep a diary of what you’re doing for people to read.

Designers all over the globe have responded, and in our first year, we successfully helped ASO’s all over the country with new websites, ad campaigns, logos, invitations and even bike jerseys. This year, we hope to double our efforts, with more ASO’s on board, and more designers willing to help.

World AIDS Day 2004 is just around the corner, so we are now soliciting ASO’s across the country for projects they’d like completed. While ASO’s are not obligated to utilize any of our designs, our expectation is that they are in need of these services and enter with the expectation of using them.

If you feel this is a project you’d like to participate in, please contact me via email, phone or fax to discuss your involvement. To see more about what we accomplished last year, please visit howlingzoe.com/darkforaday

Sincerely,
Amanda Blum
Howling Zoe Productions
darkforaday@howlingzoe.com
p. 602-795-7752
f. 866-332-2734
howlingzoe.com/darkforaday [/quote]

gwayne56
New User

Reged: 01/05/05
Re: Does your ASO need FREE design work? new
      #132913 - 01/13/05 04:31 PM

World AIDS Day 2004 is long gone and we need to rev up for 2005. I for one could use the help because the people in the Midwest are sleeping at the switch and people may begin to die - AGAIN! We all are doing a lousy job of education about prevention. If there will be a free design work session this year, I would like to know. I have many ideas but without help, they are really no good at all! For 2005, let's put or efforts toward prevention and education and save the fun and games for another year when death is no knocking on our doors.

Jerry Clark, President and Founder, WE CARE-MN, "An Unaffililated Group of People, United by the Epidemic of AIDS!"
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Serik
Unregistered

HELP PLEEEAAAAASE... new
      #167243 - 12/17/05 05:24 PM

Help please. Are urgently necessary money - 7870 $. Help who than can. In advance thanks. E-GOLD: 2484614

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2827

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement